What is your best "oil salad"

Between cars, tractors, trucks, mowers, generators, boats etc after a period of time I end up with a bunch a partial jugs and quarts of oils of various viscosities. I used to have a 2000 Lexus LX470 that one of my daughters drove and progressively smashed, and I would use this vehicle as the repository for an oil salad of left overs. It had an 8 quart sump. The best one was 4 quarts of Mercury Marine 25W40, several partial bottles of M1 0w20 totaling about a quart, a quart of Super Tech 15w40 dino, a quart of PYB yellow bottle 10w30, and two partial quarts of M1 0w40. Yummy oil salad

A few previous threads to get you started:

1703021064447.png

Its these kinds of threads that make me think of taking up day drinking and then making new threads.

A few previous threads to get you started:

It’s the season 🤣🤣

I use 5w40 T6 or Delo in everything. Keeps it simple.

Granted I'm not driving 80k sports cars that need fancy oils and most of my stuff is diesel powered.

Junk oil goes in the boiler. I get a few thousand gallons a year from work from flushing out pump lines.

I honestly think we need a subforum in the off topic/humor for BITOGcirclejerk.

We could be the greatest CJ sub on Les Interneits.....

OP - nothing wild. Earlier in the year I used up 3 quarts of Valvoline left over from a few years ago when I actively sought out clearance oil. 3qt Valvoline, 3qt Penz Ultra

Last edited:
I honestly think we need a subforum in the off topic/humor for BITOGcirclejerk.

We could be the greatest CJ sub on Les Interneits.....

OP - nothing wild. Earlier in the year I used up 3 quarts of Valvoline left over from a few years ago when I actively sought out clearance oil. 3qt Valvoline, 3qt Penz Ultra
Negative.

The dogpile of humor needs to stay right where it is - front and center. If you’re going to throw up softball questions without even trying the search function first then you need to get what’s coming to you right in front of everyone.

But all those old oil salad threads have gotten stale! Seriously though I will try the search function next time - have never used it so far.

You all have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year 👍

I just did an oil salad for friends Jeep Cherokee, 2001.

Unknown, thick and coal black sludgy oil drained out.

Put 3 quarts TOTAL 5w40, 2 quarts TRAVELLER 15w40 CJ4 and 1 quart EDGE EP 0w20

i have a 5qt jug blend of QSFS 5w20, PP 5w30, castrol edge 5w30 & M1 5w30. my son usually puts it in his work truck because it burns a little. my new ranger holds 6.25qts. i use the frankenblend for the .25qt each oil change as well as my lawn mower.

Back