Bought the new 20,000 mile Supertech 0w20

Well it doesn't really do away with HM oil it just renames it in an attempt to lose the stigma attached to the words HM. Different day same BS no the people that won't put HM in their cars half of them may be ok with it.

I'll look for the article from chevron site, but I gathered it would be 1 product offering (for walmart stores anyway) one SKU so they wouldn't have regular and HM. So, is regular FULL Synthetic giving way to "Lifelong" oil? I sure hope not

Super Tech Advanced Full Synthetic 0W-20

Attachments

• 0w20.pdf
    530.6 KB · Views: 403
It's the Same SDS for the regular 0w-20 and the high mileage, leaving me even more confused if there's any difference between regular synthetic. synthetic HM, and this new "Advanced"
Yeah it's weird - I definitely used the UPC code from the Advanced Full Synthetic 0W20 picture on Walmart's site.

Yeah it's weird - I definitely used the UPC code from the Advanced Full Synthetic 0W20 picture on Walmart's site.

It says the SDS applies to all these UPCs
1618700530579.png

The other thing that confuses me is they also print the same Dexos numbers on all the bottles of the same viscosity, I thought you'd have to get a new Dexos license if you change the additives around.
Well maybe that's telling you they really didn't change a thing except the print on the bottle!

The other thing that confuses me is they also print the same Dexos numbers on all the bottles of the same viscosity, I thought you'd have to get a new Dexos license if you change the additives around.
I guess we could check if Mobil 1 uses the same dexos license # on all of it's versions of the same viscosity?

I guess we could check if Mobil 1 uses the same dexos license # on all of it's versions of the same viscosity?
When I noticed the Advanced had the same Dexos numbers as the Regular, I went and looked at a few varieties of Castrol and a few varieties of Valvoline just to make sure and they all had different Dexos numbers.

When I noticed the Advanced had the same Dexos numbers as the Regular, I went and looked at a few varieties of Castrol and a few varieties of Valvoline just to make sure and they all had different Dexos numbers.
That's Interesting. I find it hard to believe that Warren oil would put different labels on the same product .....unless Walmart is (secretly) the new owner of WPP. I also find it hard to believe that the ST 10K oil filter is identical to the 20K filter except for the silicone ADBV...(the 20K filter does feel heavier).....but then again....anything is believable in these crazy times...

PS: Maybe WPP's new ownership isn't as responsive to requests for info because they are a a bit sketchier...who knows...

Last edited:
I also find it hard to believe that the ST 10K oil filter is identical to the 20K filter except for the silicone ADBV...(the 20K filter does feel heavier)...
The filters I cut open looked identical except for the antidrain back valve and the color of the media. It was a slightly different tint. Both medias looked like they were the same thickness. I considered using these filters, but after cutting them open, I probably won’t.

PPC is the majority stakeholder of Warren. Pritzker Private Capital

PPC is the majority stakeholder of Warren. Pritzker Private Capital

Maybe they are putting the same product in jugs with different labels....after all...they're an 'equity' firm and not a lube company...they'll probably make a lot of money and then sell the company....it's the (modern) American way....

As do ALL the majors.

It depends on the specific consumer's stance or if they even care enough about a particular topic. Everyone has a choice. I remember some on here swearing off BP for the Gulf of Mexico spill, Mobil1, Shell and Chevron for other environmental cover-ups and so on. We all speak with our wallets.

Back