Seventeen TSBs and counting for the 2022-2023 Tundra

All this TSB stuff gor me curious about our Tesla, among the other cars. I couldn't find the TSBs. 13 recalls, 1 incomplete; repeated trunk operation could damage rear camera harness. Just wondering if the engine was about to fall out. It does have a 5 star safety rating...

Found above link on tesla motorclub forum

TSB's are normal and that really isn't too bad. All automakers have a lot of them and most are not serious but good thing is they are recognizing issues and making corrections via TSB's. I think the average car probably has 30-40 of them open at any time.

Wait, wait, you bought a car, that has 216 TSBs on it? TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN?

And you want to make the point that your car is better than this one?

Your car has nearly two hundred more TSBs than this Tundra. Two hundred more!

That number, two hundred and sixteen, is extreme, my friend.

Well what can I say- there's a lot of accord's running around, I wanted a toyota but their fugliness got in the way.

Well what can I say- there's a lot of accord's running around, I wanted a toyota but their fugliness got in the way.
I don’t care for the styling, either. That’s subjective, and we agree.

Objectively, though, your car is no better, based on number of TSBs, than anything else. So, I don’t buy your criticism of Toyota, or the Tundra, on that basis.

As the title says there are currently 17 TSBs for the 2022-23 Toyota Tundra. I own a previous generation Tundra but like to keep up with the new releases for future consideration. For a company known for their reliability and a truck that had a pretty good reliability record, is this best we get as consumers for new offerings?

With newer models we, the end consumer, are the beta testers. Once many are out in the public, the slight flaws show up given the number of vehicles and miles driven. Cars and trucks are complicated machines, particularly new models. Comes with the territory.

I don’t care for the styling, either. That’s subjective, and we agree.

Objectively, though, your car is no better, based on number of TSBs, than anything else. So, I don’t buy your criticism of Toyota, or the Tundra, on that basis.
TSB's are irritating- if you read my comment again, I was referring to recalls which are a different matter to me. Both indicate a sloppy engineering culture- I read into this matter toyota in pursuit of being #1 in sales in the world at the expense of quality. I looked at the link you provided on the Honda- (I will not defend Honda although most of my trouble was dealer related)......many many duplications.

As the title says there are currently 17 TSBs for the 2022-23 Toyota Tundra. I own a previous generation Tundra but like to keep up with the new releases for future consideration. For a company known for their reliability and a truck that had a pretty good reliability record, is this best we get as consumers for new offerings?
That's far less than your 2020 Toyota Tundra has 😂

Back