Calling all Tundra/Sequoia 5.7 V8 owners! Why not purchase? Why yes?

Yeah, I highly doubt selling 20” on market would be an issue. As for tires, not going KO2. At most Michelin A/T2, probably Defender. I know people who actually off road with defender’s. I did some easy off road routes with defender’s on Atlas, no issues whatsoever.
And you are right, 18” choice is better and cheaper!
I used the KO2 as an example, I’ve got Michelin LTX in that size, similar price. When off-roading a lot, in the 4Runner, I really liked the BFGs. This truck is mostly highway, and the LTX is better than the KO2 for that environment.

Still, wish I could’ve optioned the truck with the 18” wheels.

The 1794 edition had 20” as the standard.

I used the KO2 as an example, I’ve got Michelin LTX in that size, similar price. When off-roading a lot, in the 4Runner, I really liked the BFGs. This truck is mostly highway, and the LTX is better than the KO2 for that environment.

Still, wish I could’ve optioned the truck with the 18” wheels.

The 1794 edition had 20” as the standard.
Unless you are doing serious mud - either of those tires are fine off the pavement …

I ran Michelin Defender LTX (and prior to that MS2s) on my old Tundra and they were a great all-around tire. It had the 18" TRD wheels. My current truck as the 20" wheels like Astro 14's and the horrible OEM Dunlops. I plan to replace them soon with Defender LTXs. I don't off road with my truck, but any offroad type environment I have driven the truck on with the LTXs were great. Our cottage is at the bottom of a steep hill that his dirt/grass. Even after a rain which makes the hill slick, I can easily get up on 2WD with LTX tires. They have seem to be more capable than they look.

I have always run a separate set of wheels and tires for winter. I ran Blizzacks DM-V2 on my previous truck, and have Micheline X-ICE SUV on my current one (both on 18" wheels). I also run a narrower size, 255/70-18s for my winters. With both trucks, I used 2WD through most of winter with only the harriest weather requiring 4WD. So I have never really missed not having 4WD auto.

I ran Michelin Defender LTX (and prior to that MS2s) on my old Tundra and they were a great all-around tire. It had the 18" TRD wheels. My current truck as the 20" wheels like Astro 14's and the horrible OEM Dunlops. I plan to replace them soon with Defender LTXs. I don't off road with my truck, but any offroad type environment I have driven the truck on with the LTXs were great. Our cottage is at the bottom of a steep hill that his dirt/grass. Even after a rain which makes the hill slick, I can easily get up on 2WD with LTX tires. They have seem to be more capable than they look.

I have always run a separate set of wheels and tires for winter. I ran Blizzacks DM-V2 on my previous truck, and have Micheline X-ICE SUV on my current one (both on 18" wheels). I also run a narrower size, 255/70-18s for my winters. With both trucks, I used 2WD through most of winter with only the harriest weather requiring 4WD. So I have never really missed not having 4WD auto.
I know Sequoia has Torsen diff. so 4Hi is nit of concern staying engaged, but Auto feature is kind of convenient. Will see. I am heavily leaning toward Sequoia, but keeping my mind open just in case. Maybe I like some features in Armada.
One thing that is convenient with Sequoia is slew of aftermarket support. That is thing I like about Euro cars, is aftermarket support. When I had Sienna, nothing could be done to improve some stuff. No bilstein options etc.

I have Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs LT275/55R20s on my 2020 Platinum Tundra and they've been a good tire.

Update on insurance:
So, i decided initially I will do one more time, knowing it won’t make a difference as it will crack again, but, just to feel better about myself.
Talked to my agent today to go third vendor, and she said that there is possibility underwriter might decline full glass coverage in the future. So, that is obviously a problem.
I really don’t want to go with other insurance as I got great bundle deal with State Farm, most importantly that my deductible for roof is $2,500 in case of damage. Anyone familiar with CO knows hail is the name of the game and after 2016 hail storm (I also needed to replace roof, 50,000+ totaled cars in Colorado Springs that night) insurers seriously bumped deductible on %, which usually amounts to 7,500-10,000. So, this is great deal.
So, after this conversation we are ditching car. I have to do it during summer as starting August I am assuming new position at work, and there is no way I can do cross country shopping.

Update on insurance:
So, i decided initially I will do one more time, knowing it won’t make a difference as it will crack again, but, just to feel better about myself.
Talked to my agent today to go third vendor, and she said that there is possibility underwriter might decline full glass coverage in the future. So, that is obviously a problem.
I really don’t want to go with other insurance as I got great bundle deal with State Farm, most importantly that my deductible for roof is $2,500 in case of damage. Anyone familiar with CO knows hail is the name of the game and after 2016 hail storm (I also needed to replace roof, 50,000+ totaled cars in Colorado Springs that night) insurers seriously bumped deductible on %, which usually amounts to 7,500-10,000. So, this is great deal.
So, after this conversation we are ditching car. I have to do it during summer as starting August I am assuming new position at work, and there is no way I can do cross country shopping.
I had two glass claims with my insurer. One for my truck-the other for my travel trailer. I always bundle my insurance-due to requirements of having investment property. I was told more than once that glass claims don't matter (they didn't previously). I got my renewal-and like everyone else saw an increase-but it really WENT UP. I get on the phone with my agent and they tell me now insurers are looking at ALL CLAIMS and I had two glass claims close together-hence the major increase.

In the end I switched providers and didn't pay more of an increase than most-but moving several policies are a major hassle.

I had two glass claims with my insurer. One for my truck-the other for my travel trailer. I always bundle my insurance-due to requirements of having investment property. I was told more than once that glass claims don't matter (they didn't previously). I got my renewal-and like everyone else saw an increase-but it really WENT UP. I get on the phone with my agent and they tell me now insurers are looking at ALL CLAIMS and I had two glass claims close together-hence the major increase.

In the end I switched providers and didn't pay more of an increase than most-but moving several policies are a major hassle.
The reason why I am staying with State Farm is house. The roof is BIG issue. Colorado Springs is “hail” capitol of the US. AND i am getting really good deal on roof deductible and it is not whether I will use it, but when.
They still didn’t do anything, but 5 claims on windshield on the same vehicle would raise suspicions.

Reactions: CKN
If I may make a parallel topic rant.

The whole glass thing has turned into yet another example of banana republic farce.

The roads here are littered with stones. I pass trucks daily full of gravel with supposed tarp covering less than pamela Anderson's bikini, rocks pouring on the road.

No attempt to clean them anywhere. Cracked windshields are a way of life. Can't turn on the radio without a glass replacement commercial every 5 minutes. Glass cracks if you look at it wrong.

Conspiracy maybe?

The whole glass thing has turned into yet another example of banana republic farce.

The roads here are littered with stones. I pass trucks daily full of gravel with supposed tarp covering less than pamela Anderson's bikini, rocks pouring on the road.

No attempt to clean them anywhere. Cracked windshields are a way of life. Can't turn on the radio without a glass replacement commercial every 5 minutes. Glass cracks if you look at it wrong.

Conspiracy maybe?
Here-Here!
Utah is the same exact way. There is a "tarp requirement" that is loosely enforced.

Here-Here!
Utah is the same exact way. There is a "tarp requirement" that is loosely enforced.
Weird, I've had ONE windshield crack in 29 years of driving. Everyone loves to complain about NYS, CT and MA roads but apparently they are at least free from windshield-cracking debris.

Conspiracy maybe?
The thing is, tarp or not, there are a LOT of rocks around here. I spent a lot of time this year in Virginia and thinking about how roads are cleaner, no rocks anywhere etc.
But, regardless, I track BMW and get windshield pounded by tar, rocks etc. Actually hoping it would crack to replace it, but it is not giving up.

Weird, I've had ONE windshield crack in 29 years of driving. Everyone loves to complain about NYS, CT and MA roads but apparently they are at least free from windshield-cracking debris.
Wander up into New Hampster, I’m sure we can fix that. :cool:

Actually I do think it is better now, or maybe I just drive less. But my VW got a new windshield every two years, not so much cracks but rather pitting.

Back