Bought the new 20,000 mile Supertech 0w20

Looking forward to a VOA on this stuff. Planning on using it in my wife's '18 CR-V on its next oil change. If I don't see a VOA by then, I'll send one in myself.

They used to be really good about email replies. Maybe they are not producing oil for Wal-Mart anymore?
I know they still do because the dexos number is end in 025, plus the jugs I had of that old cf2 2 stroke diesel SAE 30 stuff was it had wpp stamped on the bottom of it.

I sent out a VOA to Blackstone yesterday but don't hold your breath. I sent two oil samples on the same day and from the same post office on April 1 and the first sample was at Blackstone and processed by April 6 and the second sample is still "in-transit" as of April 15. USPS has issues.

I sent out a VOA to Blackstone yesterday but don't hold your breath. I sent two oil samples on the same day and from the same post office on April 1 and the first sample was at Blackstone and processed by April 6 and the second sample is still "in-transit" as of April 15. USPS has issues.
Yes, yes it does.

(Off Topic Alert): Just out of curiosity, see if your "in transit" package takes a direct route to the destination, or ends up on a scenic route hundreds of miles out of the way. Several items I had inbound from NC to VA were routed through Bell Gardens CA and Opa Locka FL, respectively. :unsure:

Yes, yes it does.

(Off Topic Alert): Just out of curiosity, see if your "in transit" package takes a direct route to the destination, or ends up on a scenic route hundreds of miles out of the way. Several items I had inbound from NC to VA were routed through Bell Gardens CA and Opa Locka FL, respectively. :unsure:
I once had a package coming from Detroit to central Indiana go to South Carolina first.

I once had a package coming from Detroit to central Indiana go to South Carolina first.
I just sent a VOA to Blackstone in and in 2 days it's gone from Central MA to Stamford, CT - why Stamford I have no idea but my in-laws live in the town over and I can drive there in 2 1/2 hours? They going to drive it all the way to Indiana? My second UOA was last scanned in Indianapolis 3 days ago - it's been in transit for 15 days now.

They used to be really good about email replies. Maybe they are not producing oil for Wal-Mart anymore?
Maybe they have a new internal policy that prohibits sharing information for private-label products?

I visited a Walmart last night and my unscientific analysis is that more shelf space has been allocated to ST. I saw a wide assortment of 5000, 10000, and 20000 mile ST oils on the shelf.

I picked up some M1 0w16 on rollback to use with the rebate. I may try the new ST if they introduce 16 weight oil in the future.

I'd be curious to know what the difference is between the 10 and 20k formulas.

Does that imply that the 20k model is insufficient, or the base filter is robust?
That implies that its nearly double the cost for a small piece of silicone. If Im going to pay nearly double the money for a product over a lesser version I expect a little more. Sort of like the jump from an extra guard and an ultra synthetic.

Last edited:
Looked up the "Advanced Synthetic" 20k mile oil on WM site. Took the barcode number and typed it into the MSDS.walmartstores.com site, see attached.
Still made by Warren Distribution. Wish I could find a PDS on this product.

Attachments

• document.pdf
    144.1 KB · Views: 269
I'm currently using the 6qt box of Havoline Pro DS. But they are moving towards a new product called "LifeLong". All mileage vehicle formation to save shelf space according to the chevron article. The new formula has seal conditioners and will do away with high mileage oils. So combining regular and high mileage into 1 product. Not sure how I feel about that just yet.
May move to ST "Advanced Synthetic"

Looked up the "Advanced Synthetic" 20k mile oil on WM site. Took the barcode number and typed it into the MSDS.walmartstores.com site, see attached.
Still made by Warren Distribution. Wish I could find a PDS on this product.
There are some clever people in the world - you are one of them! Thank you!

Back