What’s best oil for my Audi R8 V10 2012 ?

HIGH PERFORMANCE GENUINE ENGINE OIL 10W60 501.01/505.00 (1 QUART)​

Latest revision, fully synthetic, high performance genuine engine oil. Formulated specifically for use in 2012-2015 Audi R8 V10 engines. Strictly adheres to the Volkswagen Group's latest 501.01 / 505.00 long drain specification. Perfect choice for any Audi requiring 501.01 / 505.00 specification.

• VW 501.01 / 505.00
  • 10W60 High Performance Genuine Engine Oil is recommended for 2012-2015 Audi R8 V10 engines that require 501.01 specification engine oil.
That’s interesting, I’ve never seen a R8 that needed a 501.01 or 505.00 oil.

501.01 is a very old spec from pre 2000 and 505.00 being a pre 2000 diesel spec, anything after this would/ should have had its spec updated.

Im going to put that part number into etka and see what I get though, thanks.

Agree it's old and almost obsolete or even obsolete. Still lots of VW 501 01 and 505 00 approved PCMOs:

Including M1, Shell, Texaco, Motul and Ravenol etc. It isn't limited to 10W-60. Many 10W-40, 15W-40, 15W-50, 20W-50. Stoneage oil?

Guys I’m going with royal purple sure is not a bad oil thanks to all for the help and advice

Yes in fact I used the HOS 5W30 as soon I started the engine the full mechanical silence is amazing

Macht nichts, lots of Americans approve of it. 🇺🇲
patrick-stewart-facepalm-gif.gif

I used it before too and the engine goes smooth the I thought maybe too smooth wasn’t good so I change to the RedLine but I went back to RP HPS I’m very satisfied. I love US engine oils as I think are the best in high-zinc.
I don’t have worries about the catalytic … I’m cool with it

Oh my god it look like this engines used olive oil 😂 I can’t ever thinking Royal purple could cause such dirt. Can you prove it ? I would like to know all the details

Oh my god it look like this engines used olive oil 😂 I can’t ever thinking Royal purple could cause such dirt. Can you prove it ? I would like to know all the details
Keep in mind, I do not have a history of providing misleading or false information.

This engine had 7,000 mile OCI's on RP in light duty use, based on the details provided to me about the application.

Also, from another poster, when I posted this image previously:
RDY4WAR said:
Good ole purple dye. I saw an LS engine torn down after ~100k miles of RP that looked like that. It was caked everywhere, including the cylinder walls, main caps, crank counterweights, lifter valley, rockers, etc...

So, it would seem that this is not an isolated incident.

😳🥴😰😱 I think I need to remove the oil from the car but I use it very very little like few hundreds kms per year. So better Amsoil or Redline then … guys give me an advice as this is a super compressed engine

I was looking for a Vw 504.00/507.00 5W30 spec engine reach in zinc for

Back