What age were you when you got married?

Reading articles of the younger generation putting off marriages later if at all. I wondered at what age members here got married.

My wife and I dated in high school, dated for 8 years and married at 25.
Almost the same story as you.

I was 24 and we were together for 7 years.

I'm 38 now.

Dated for three years, I was 27 and my wife 29, although we both turned another year within a few weeks afterwards. We got married in 2009.

Twenty-five...

By that age we had finished our undergrad, were established in our careers, prefrontal cortex was fully developed and mature...

At that point we were able to accurately assess the risk and reward, as well as the return on investment from the partnership.

We discussed, agreed, and were compatible with regard to:

1) Children (no thank you),
2) Money (yes please)
3) Religion
4) Each other's families
5) Life Goals and aspirations
6) Political Leanings

Any younger than twenty-five and I am not sure we would have fully appreciated the gravity of the decision.

We have been married twenty three years, and it was the best decision I ever made, not to mention my best investment!

First time was 2002 (I was 23)...lasted ~6 years before she traded me for a younger model.

Second time was 2009, and it still gets better every day!

1995, 21, high school sweetheart. We had known each other since Kindergarten. Lasted 6 years. The Navy is tough on a marriage.
Divorced for just over 4. Then remarried.
2005, Been married for 18 years now.

My son is 17 had a girlfriend, said it was too much work. He said there is no incentive for him to ever even think about getting
married. I said what about your Mom and I? You guys are different you are not like us.

Met when she had just turned 14, I had just turned 15. Dated for a few months, but we lived 10 miles apart so it wasnt much of a relationship.

Didnt talk much for 2-3 years, we both dated a few other people. Age 20, she 19, she got a job where I was working, her boyfriend at the time was out of state at college. At our company party on a riverboat, decided we'd start dating again. Out of state boyfriend wasnt thrilled about that.

Got engaged at 23, married at 25.

This coming October will be our 31st anniversary.

I being a very dumb 22 year old ... said... "I got this..." , when in fact "Did not have this...."
Ya live and learn...

Back