ultra or hyundai oem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Here's a picture of the rock auto Auto 7 Hyundai spin on filter. Exact same as what you get at the dealer.

012-0046__ra_p.jpg

Call Auto 7 up and complain if you want about their ability to switch suppliers. They may have even given that photo to RA.

The same thing may happen at any retailer selling Auto 7.
I'm not the one who accepted the wrong parts from Rock Auto.

Here's a picture of the rock auto Auto 7 Hyundai spin on filter. Exact same as what you get at the dealer.

012-0046__ra_p.jpg

Call Auto 7 up and complain if you want about their ability to switch suppliers. They may have even given that photo to RA.

I know, but you're complaining about it and alleging "shenanigans." You're welcome to call Auto 7 and tell them to update their photos if it bothers you.

And I'm sure they would contend they weren't "wrong" parts and will function as OE. Many aftermarket companies can update their packaging or suppliers. It's just the nature of aftermarket parts.

I'm sure if you contact them they'll tell you something along the lines of "we're constantly making improvements so parts and packaging can change."

012-0046__ra_p.jpg

I know, but you're complaining about it and alleging "shenanigans." You're welcome to call Auto 7 and tell them to update their photos if it bothers you.
I would call Rock Auto as they are the one who sent the wrong filter. Why call Auto 7, they have no control over what Rock Auto sends out? It is KD0AXS who said they did not get the pictured filter. Get your facts straight.

I would call Rock Auto as they are the one who sent the wrong filter. Why call Auto 7, they have no control over what Rock Auto sends out? It is KD0AXS who said they did not get the pictured filter. Get your facts straight.

I have my facts straight. I know you didn't buy the parts, but you're on here posting about it. You're missing the point that your complaining may be better aimed at Auto 7.

This could happen with any company that sells Auto 7, or really any aftermarket brand of parts that sources from other suppliers. Call auto 7 and tell them to send new pictures to their dealers or only sell OE-branded filters if it bothers you.

RA or most any retailer sells the parts the brand provides them and often uses the images the supplier provides. That's the nature of aftermarket parts. I would say the lesson here for all of us is that's just the nature of aftermarket parts.

I have my facts straight. I know you didn't buy the parts, but you're on here posting about it. You're missing the point that your complaining may be better aimed at Auto 7.

This could happen with any company that sells Auto 7, or really any aftermarket brand of parts that sources from other suppliers. Call auto 7 and tell them to send new pictures to their dealers or only sell OE-branded filters if it bothers you.

RA or most any retailer sells the parts the brand provides them and often uses the images the supplier provides. That's the nature of aftermarket parts. I would say the lesson here for all of us is that's just the nature of aftermarket parts.
Not my fight. Please get over it.

Based on what appears to be the use of a nitrile adbv in DAEWHA posted on the previous page, it does appear that it is not the same as pictured blue Auto7 filter with silicone adbv currently on RA, for this application.

Have no vested interest here, but if I expected to get a filter with a silicone adbv in RA illustration, I'd not be satisfied with the DAEWHA pictured previously.

As to who is culpable, leave that for others to debate. If me, I'd probably start with RA since that's where the discrepancy between A7 RA illustration and the received OF can be seen. My .02

As an aside, one of our online parts stores up here at least takes their own pictures of the product. If you look up, say, a Bosch 3300, you'll see a Bosch 3300 in the picture, taken by them, not supplied by Bosch or someone else. It makes buying parts from them much easier, oil filters or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back