Fram Ultra or Hyundai OEM for 5K mile OCI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram is the only company I know of, who uses oil soluble glue on their filters.

1611505379352.png

View attachment 42240
Deceiving. It’s not “oil soluble glue” lol... There was a manufacturing issue with these filters that we discussed on this forum already. It appears the filter was too long, causing the filter end caps to tear from the filter element when it got torqued down.

Deceiving. It’s not “oil soluble glue” lol... There was a manufacturing issue with these filters that we discussed on this forum already. It appears the filter was too long, causing the filter end caps to tear from the filter element when it got torqued down.
Nope. Failed Fram filter was exactly the same length as the Mahle filter that went back in.

What about failure before usage? Fram filters are a joke.
View attachment 42237
Looks like someone purposely bent the metal seam crimp. Regardless, since that media is wire backed, it wouldn't even matter it was bent like that. That's the beauty of wire backed media.

It's pretty ridiculous when something like this is posted because even if it did come off the assembly like like that, it's a super rare occurrence - the first one I've seen in 10 years being on this board. Of course it's posted up as a way to make the whole brand look bad ... typical Fram hate.

View attachment 42240
Haven't seen anything like that posted here for years ... of course Fram haters dig up old things like this.

Why don't you go dig up 100s of those old Purolator photos too, as well as many other brands that have shown problems? :LOL:

I could see people being turned off by some of the Ultra cartridge filters although I think that's more a problem with aftermarket cartridges in general, but the spin on Ultras which would apply to the Hyundai at hand have had few problems, other than some collapsed leaf springs on some XG8As that were probably brutalized during shipment, I haven't seen much issue with them, just if you pick up a bigger filter like the XG5 or XG8 make sure to give it a little shake to make sure the leaf spring was damaged in shipment.

It was a problem enough that Motorking said the caps on the Ultra mesh were a problem, and Fram just went ahead and made them anyway. The proof is in the pictures, many of which were removed by Fram loyalists complaining. It is what it is. And what it is is control by the super opinionated. Some of us here weren’t born yesterday.

What about failure before usage? Fram filters are a joke.
View attachment 42237

Hey there, I just mentioned your clickbait troll thread on the Duramax forum here the other day. I think you have already had the last clickbait troll thread you posted on BITOG closed and deleted a few years ago, weren't you banned too? We don't forget around here so stop peddling your nonsense.

I love how the words "Truth" and "Hate" are interchangable in todays world. Same goes for "Facts" and "Feelings".
Yeah, the fact is if you read this board for 10+ years, you'd realize that Frams actually have less problems then a lot of other brands posted here. Obviously, you really don't know much about oil filters, or what reality is ... just been brainwashed with falsehoods like most Fram haters.

Yeah, the fact is if you read this board for 10+ years, you'd realize that Frams actually have less problems then a lot of other brands posted here. Obviously, you really don't know much about oil filters, or what reality is ... just been brainwashed with falsehoods like most Fram haters.
But back on topic MK said there is trouble with the caps at one time, yes, or no? Yes. More than one example has been shown, yes or no? Yes.You are very familiar with all the posts banned and not banned, you were in them, so no “please show the posts.“ pretending you never heard of them. Its about as ridiculous as it gets to deny them, the samples are and were there. It is what it is. Born at night but not last night.

This thread has been going downhill lately. We now have cartridge filters being introduced and can type filters for other makes being thrown into the mix. I thought that we were talking about oil filters for Hyundai/KIA vehicles. I have used and still use FRAM oil filters for certain applications. I’ve owned both a Hyundai Tucson and a KIA Optima. They both required the same filter. Did I use FRAM for those two vehicles? NO! I either used OEM or WIX/NAPA Gold. Why WIX/NAPA Gold instead of the OEM filter? Because, the WIX/NAPA Gold are essentially the same as the OEM filter. They are Korean made by Mann+Hummel. I never used the FRAM 9688 series on those cars because,I wanted to stay as close to OEM quality as possible.

But back on topic MK said there is trouble with the caps at one time, yes, or no? Yes. More than one example has been shown, yes or no? Yes.You are very familiar with all the posts banned and not banned, you were in them, so no “please show the posts.“ pretending you never heard of them. Its about as ridiculous as it gets to deny them, the samples are and were there. It is what it is. Born at night but not last night.
Sure there were a few cases, but if you recall it was a certain model of cartridge filter, not all of them. There have been a heck of a lot more other brands with more failures posted here than any Fram cartridge filter. And it's been quite a while since anyone has posted a Fram Ultra cartridge filter with a detached end cap. You've been here under 2 previous usernames for the last 10 years, so you should know that. So now some troll posts a photo (probably an old photo) of one, and claims all Frams are junk ... typical troll that knows nothing about the real situation.

Last edited:
Sure there were a few cases, but if you recall it was a certain model of cartridge filter, not all of them. There have been a heck of a lot more other brands with more failures posted here than any Fram cartridge filter. And it's been quite a while since anyone has posted a Fram Ultra cartridge filter with a detached end cap. You've been here under 2 previous usernames for the last 10 years, so you should know that. So now some troll posts a photo (probably an old photo) of one, and claims all Frams are junk ... typical troll that knows nothing about the real situation.
Like a clock, keeps on ticking. Where are the locked down, deleted, and banned Purolator tearing threads? They were being relished so bad the Boss with a totally different media was thrown in for good measure. Ok enough, it is what it is, bye bye.😀

Like a clock, keeps on ticking. Where are the locked down, deleted, and banned Purolator tearing threads? They were being relished so bad the Boss with a totally different media was thrown in for good measure. Ok enough, it is what it is, bye bye.
Maybe you should ask the Mods why. You've always been a Fram troller that can't actually see realilty for as long as I can recall, always trying to stir the pot when you know that there have been way more failures in other brands than Frams reported on this board over the last 10 years - yet, you always latch-on to the infrequent Frams. Those are the facts, but you and other haters always like to twist up the facts. Hate tends to blind people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back