think i am done with oil from walmart

You get to see the interesting, and sometimes startling, appearances of your fellow Walmart shoppers.

1388.jpg

all synthetic Havoline boxes are 29.97 for me. Only blend is $20.
best value now seems to be ST 10,000 mile or QS full synth 5 qt jugs 22.97.
29.97 still a good deal on the boxes but not as good as 22.97.

Six quarts versus five quarts.

I find them to be hit or miss, BUT it doesn’t matter all that much...if I really am looking for something there are 3-4 Walmart’s around me within a 15 mile radius. I just can’t stand going there though...once saw a guy walking around with no shirt on...probably 70 years old, platinum blonde hair, wrangler jeans, totally hammered. Figured, hey they’ll get this guy out of here in a flash. An hour later he’s standing in front of me asking where the Cole slaw is. I’m like, dude, it’s right in front of your face. And once I saw a family have a picnic two parking spaces away from the front door...picnic table, grill, everything. I’m like, folks there’s a park right over there with eagles flying above the beautiful tree tops, and you pick HERE for your picnic?? And then there’s the weekly carriage colonoscopies I get while standing in line to scan all my own items (because there’s no one working their 52 vacant registers anymore). That’s fun too.

My Walmart must have received your store’s shipment as they are fully stocked with oil for the first time in TWO months. Even 12 quart boxes of Mobil 1 are there…have not seen those since Spring.

I think it depends heavily on the local management and what emphasis they put on their automotive section. I find that the ones with the full service oil and tire shops are better stocked and usually a lot neater. But yeah one can always order online and I have noticed a price discrepancy with online being cheaper, or at least taking longer for a price hike on a given product like Berryman's B12, which was less than $3 for a long time and now nearly $5 if you can find it at all...

And as pointed out the $35 minimum for home shipping is fine but often you can just reserve for pick up instore if you just want a filter and jug of oil...

Honestly, I haven’t bought from Walmart in a long, long time. I don’t really have time to go poking around trying to save a few $$ on oil.

When Amazon has had a decent price on oil, I would buy it. At $22/jug for Mobil 1 0W40, for example, I would stock up. Got exactly what I wanted at a price I liked.

I’ve bought quite a bit from Amazon when they had a sale, a few cases of Mobil 1 from Costco when they had a sale, a few jugs from Auto Zone when they had a clearance deal. I still have five jugs of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum bought on sale from Amazon ($22/jug) and a couple jugs of Mobil 1 from @Sam_Julier.

Much of the time, I buy what I want when I want it.

Several cases of AMSOIL.

I think I’m up to 8 cases of oil HPL at this point. Have about four cases ready to go in my stash.

I am happy to get exactly what I want. I’ll stock up when the price is good, but I only if I get exactly what I want. Seems that makes me different than much of BITOG.

not being able to keep super tec 10-30 or 5-30 synth in stock has plagued this walmart store for a while now. the next day i went to the next closest walmart in the next town and they had plenty! the price has gone up to 26$ per 5 qt jug tho. that jug of 26$ valvoline is looking pretty good now. must be a manage ment issue

Yea, I noticed the other day in the local store the LL jumped up to the $30 price, and the thought went through my head that I could still get it online. Looked when I got home, nope, showing $30 online as well.

For the same price as the Pro-RS, I'll have to think a little harder which one to pick. Might give the Pro-RS a whirl the next time I pick up a few boxes.

I'm starting to think that even online purchases at www.walmart.com must have regional pricing for home delivery. Here in NC it's still $22.97 for a Havoline lifelong synthetic 6 quart box, but Volk06 and Ronsant report today's pricing at $29.97. This is a new one on me.

The more I think about it, I'm done with Walmart oil as well. If anyone would like me to dump theirs while I'm getting rid of mine, let me know. I'll get rid of that bad oil for you.

People can boycott Walmart all they want. Leaves better selection (and lower prices) for the rest of us ! 😂 Not that I recall ever not finding the oil or filter(s) that I was looking for there....

Well when they raise the price on you just fine another oil to replace it Quaker State is $22.97. Two Jugs gets you free home delivery.
I'll stick with the boxes. The Ranger takes 6 qts, and the Accord uses a bit over the distance. 5qt bottles would be a bit of a pain.

Back