think i am done with oil from walmart

The six quart boxes of Havoline Pro DS synthetic should work for you, shipped to your home by Walmart. $22.97 a box. Buy two for free shipping, save one for next time.
That used to be my go-to, prices online have jumped to $30 for the LifeLong, same as the Pro-RS. Luckily I have a few boxes left before I need to decide what the next buy is.

You sound like a potential home delivery Amsoil customer Johnny,,,😂
If it was every on sale with a rebate I'd try it. But I don't ever remember seeing that happen. But I did use Amsoil in the manual transmission of the Ole Corolla. Seemed to work pretty well changed it about every 30,000 miles give or take.

I'm not done with oils from Walmart* however, I am done with SuperTech Synthetic for now. This could be temporary, IDK!
I've seen Pennzoil Full Synthetic(Pennz's least expensive synthetic) for $3 le$$ for a 5qt jug. The ST 20K mile may be a better synthetic oil than this particular Pennz, IDK!

And I've seen on the shelves, a certain Mobil 1 for the same price(within pennies) as the SuperTech 20K full synthetic. Plus a host of other large brand name full synthetics that make a compelling cost argument of their own, not to buy the ST. 🤷‍♂️

I do not understand the appeal of shopping in person when shopping online is more efficient, cheaper and offers better selection.
Cause some of us want it right away and I like check my stuff before I buy . I don’t want buy a oil without the sealed ….beside I like going to Walmart getting the filter and oil at same time

Last edited:
My Walmart oil of choice for last 15 years was also Quaker state high miles and halvoline high miles . Then halvoline came out 6qt box and it was my oil of choice . Until I move to Texas and it no longer available at my local Walmart , then I switch back to Quaker state high miles for $15 for 5qt . Now it’s like $18-$19 for 5qt

NOW my oil of choice is valvoline max life in 12qt box for $42.

My Walmart must have received your store’s shipment as they are fully stocked with oil for the first time in TWO months. Even 12 quart boxes of Mobil 1 are there…have not seen those since Spring.
Its definitely regional. My local walmarts have been out of most stuff forever. I stopped at a store in Atlanta on one of my trips and it was completely full. I just order online.

Who stocks the oil. Is it the vendor or walmart themselves?

Cause some of us want it right away and I like check my stuff before I buy . I don’t want buy a oil without the sealed ….beside I like going to Walmart getting the filter and oil at same time
Yeah, I like getting out of the house(retired). I don't mind shopping be it for groceries, personal products, furniture/appliances or car parts.
At our age, we make a day or an afternoon of it. We'll go out shopping, meet with friends for lunch/coffee, hang out and pick & choose the exact product you're spending your hard earned money on, especially on groceries.

Sure, we buy more online than ever before and we like this very much as well. But you still don't know the condition of the product till it gets to your house and we find that we return more often than not in our experience.

however, I am done with SuperTech Synthetic for now.
During the dark time a lot of name brands of things were out of stock so we tried walmarts great value brand, and it turns out a few things were pretty good. Like potato chips for 98 cents instead of 3 bucks. However now that they have a following there 2 bucks, so were back to the brand name stuff.

I think there trying to manage there brand just like everyone else - get people liking it and think they will continue. If so there missing the boat because the only ones that switched the first time were us cheap skates so we all switch back.

I do not understand the appeal of shopping in person when shopping online is more efficient, cheaper and offers better selection.
It makes you feel better about your own life when you see everyone shuffling around in dirty pajama pants and slippers at 3:00PM at Wal-Mart!

All jokes aside our local Wal-Mart (which is also our only grocery store in town) is usually pretty well stocked. If they don't have something it is usually available in a few days. I have been ordering Motorcraft FL500A filters online from Amazon because they are never in stock and O'Reilly's want about double the price at $12-13.

During the dark time a lot of name brands of things were out of stock so we tried walmarts great value brand, and it turns out a few things were pretty good. Like potato chips for 98 cents instead of 3 bucks. However now that they have a following there 2 bucks, so were back to the brand name stuff.

I think there trying to manage there brand just like everyone else - get people liking it and think they will continue. If so there missing the boat because the only ones that switched the first time were us cheap skates so we all switch back.
Where hasn't brand name stuff went up that much or more than store brands?

went today and selection was lacking. no supertec synth in 10,000 just 20,000 at 26$ per jug. no qts of supertec synth at all! even oil filter selection was out of stock of many common sizes. ended up buying valoline synth for 26$ and a single penzoil 10-30 synth qt at 6.60$. these prices are no longer worth the trip. can go to napa or other auto parts store and get better selection and same pricing approx.
Walmart price increases don't exist in a vacuum. Industry-wide prices are up and Walmart still has the best walk-in-store everyday prices.

That why you order it online and over $35 you get free home delivery! They closed my closest Walmart and now its over 14 miles one way to my next closest store.
Wow, only 14 miles? My closest one is over 20 miles. This means if I buy from the store just for oil, I have to effectively tack on ~$7 for gas. That makes online ordering a significant savings over driving to the store.

Conversation at my local Walmart....
Wife: Where did you go?
Me: Checking out the oil.
Wife: Thought so. You do that every time. Would be nice if you stayed with me.
Me: Will do next time. But need to check price and filter options too. Both change every time we visit.
Wife: OK. Next time?
Me: Promise. Perhaps while you are waiting half-an-hour at the check-out I will try again? Certain I'll be back in time to unload/load the cart.

Back