think i am done with oil from walmart

went today and selection was lacking. no supertec synth in 10,000 just 20,000 at 26$ per jug. no qts of supertec synth at all! even oil filter selection was out of stock of many common sizes. ended up buying valoline synth for 26$ and a single penzoil 10-30 synth qt at 6.60$. these prices are no longer worth the trip. can go to napa or other auto parts store and get better selection and same pricing approx.

The local Walmarts here in Louisville are fully stacked both for oil and filters....have been for a long time...

I used to buy from WM because it was the cheapest for Motorcraft oil and filter. However, my local WM stopped carrying the Motorcraft filters and raised oil prices so I have found that an Iowa-based fleet/farm store, Theisen's, carries Motorcraft oil and filters that are a tad cheaper than what WM does.

It's a regional thing I believe. It depends largely on how honest and hardworking a Walmart management is. Especially the automotive department. I have lived in 2 states (for extended period of time to shop for oil from WM) one is awesome in everything the other just sucks balls.

Walmart choices online are better. I spend more than 35.00 and get it shipped to my place.
*Be careful with deliveries ! Besides porch thieves - you have to contend with delivery drivers who lay a 5 qrt. oil jug on it's side (the oil brand did not use a foil cover over the spout) and had it leak on my front porch. I'd rather buy online and pick up at the store for inspection .

*Be careful with deliveries ! Besides porch thieves - you have to contend with delivery drivers who lay a 5 qrt. oil jug on it's side (the oil brand did not use a foil cover over the spout) and had it leak on my front porch. I'd rather buy online and pick up at the store for inspection .
I've been doing this for five years sometimes I go to the store for pickup if I plan on a trip down there. But the home deliveries I have yet to have a leaker. Knock on wood.

Out of the 5 or 6 walmarts around me, only 1 stays stocked the way it should be. Idk what the problem is with the rest of them.
It seems the smaller the store (smaller towns) the better the inventory. Nothing wrong with having it shipped to the store. Or from amazon ,if the price it right.

went today and selection was lacking. no supertec synth in 10,000 just 20,000 at 26$ per jug. no qts of supertec synth at all! even oil filter selection was out of stock of many common sizes. ended up buying valoline synth for 26$ and a single penzoil 10-30 synth qt at 6.60$. these prices are no longer worth the trip. can go to napa or other auto parts store and get better selection and same pricing approx.
So. Is something supposed to be taboo or wrong with using Valvoline products? It is frustrating when WalMart shelves are empty. I have a WalMart / Oreilly's Auto / Auto Zone / NAPA / Advanced Auto Parts all within 2-5 mi of my house. I always hit WalMart first since they are closest and cheaper priced (not always but lots of the times. Once in a blue moon WalMart will be out of what I need. YET I can not recall the last time that happened.

Ordered mine with the spill kit option 😷

67BA3D15-07F3-4CF4-8EAA-7304B61DE85A.jpeg

So. Is something supposed to be taboo or wrong with using Valvoline products? It is frustrating when WalMart shelves are empty. I have a WalMart / Oreilly's Auto / Auto Zone / NAPA / Advanced Auto Parts all within 2-5 mi of my house. I always hit WalMart first since they are closest and cheaper priced (not always but lots of the times. Once in a blue moon WalMart will be out of what I need. YET I can not recall the last time that happened.
If you have a stash you never need it unless its on sale!

Again-yet another Walmart post/situation that may not be indicative of the situation at your local store.
I used to report posts like these suggesting that the location of the store in question be added to the title, to no avail.... I mean, there's only over 3500 in the US alone.

Reactions: CKN
$29.66 for any full synthetic. It has been mentioned here in other threads.

Attachments

• F99D9037-28D0-416C-86E9-7C23D11E2A21.jpeg
    F99D9037-28D0-416C-86E9-7C23D11E2A21.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 8675E0FB-06E0-4930-B01A-C8F30211A1B7.jpeg
    8675E0FB-06E0-4930-B01A-C8F30211A1B7.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 14
Supertech 10W-30 full synthetic, 5 quart, either 10k mile or 20k mile versions both in stock here at multiple stores. The 10k mile variety is $21.48 too. You'll pay that for 2-3 single quart bottles of anything at NAPA, Autozone, etc.

I’ve found that my Autozone down the street always has whatever oil I need in stock and their monthly oil deal bundles aren’t too bad. They also take back my used oil and filters. You can still get a name brand synthetic and long life oil filter for $34, or their STP house synthetic bundle for $33.99 This month it looks like Pennzoil Syn and an STP 10k oil filter for $32.99. Walmart wants $24 for the same oil. When you add in the long life filter are you really saving THAT much? To me the $3-4 savings isn’t worth the hassle of making a special trip to Walmart for an oil change.

Last edited:
Back