RP worth over the competition (Walmart Pricing)

This is my last uoa with Valvoline EP vs RP. They are close to each ithet
IMG_0838.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I work at a pretty large oil refinery and we use a lot of Royal Purple oils in our large horsepower motors and pumps. There are only a few that spec a certain type of Mobil oil, but the majority get Royal Purple. I know, apples to oranges, it’s not motor oil, but for the simple fact that they could be using any kind of oil they want too and they choose to use RP has to say something about it I would think? I’ve used the Walmart RP a hand full of times, but I’m so easy on oil I don’t see the need to spend the extra money on any extra protection it may or may not have when a “regular” synthetic will do just fine. At the end of the day run what you want to, I’m not a fan of letting others tell me how to spend my money
IMG_3347.jpeg

I work at a pretty large oil refinery and we use a lot of Royal Purple oils in our large horsepower motors and pumps. There are only a few that spec a certain type of Mobil oil, but the majority get Royal Purple. I know, apples to oranges, it’s not motor oil, but for the simple fact that they could be using any kind of oil they want too and they choose to use RP has to say something about it I would think? I’ve used the Walmart RP a hand full of times, but I’m so easy on oil I don’t see the need to spend the extra money on any extra protection it may or may not have when a “regular” synthetic will do just fine. At the end of the day run what you want to, I’m not a fan of letting others tell me how to spend my money View attachment 192554

You guys use the oils with the synerlec additives?

The one in the pic is this stuff https://www.royalpurple.com/product/barrier-fluid-fda/ I'll have to go ride around and look at the other drums and see what they are and see what the paper work on them says. Synerlec might be exclusive to the engine oils? They may call the additive in the industrial oils something else.

Possibly, and that's what I was curious about if synerlec was also used or not.

Back