think i am done with oil from walmart

That why you order it online and over $35 you get free home delivery! They closed my closest Walmart and now its over 14 miles one way to my next closest store.
Yep, that's what I have been doing and highly recommend it. I've stopped ordering oil/filters from Amazon as well. Every filter I order from Amazon comes dented, and the oil is leaking and soaking the box.

click-click-click and it's at my doorstep in 2 days. Once the plastic jug was damaged; they sent me another.
Conversation at my local Walmart....
Wife: Where did you go?
Me: Checking out the oil.
Wife: Thought so. You do that every time. Would be nice if you stayed with me.
Me: Will do next time. But need to check price and filter options too. Both change every time we visit.
Wife: OK. Next time?
Me: Promise. Perhaps while you are waiting half-an-hour at the check-out I will try again? Certain I'll be back in time to unload/load the cart.
Lol that sound similar like me

My local Walmart is usually pretty well stocked and I do keep two to three oil changes in my home stock. I'm wary of Walmart oil in the five quart jugs and always check that the safety seals are intact. Too many stories on here over the years of members getting home only to find out that the new oil they bought was really someone else's used oil.

In what part of the country are people living where the auto parts stores are suddenly competitive with Walmart on oil pricing? Just because Walmart went up doesn't mean Napa stayed flat. It's still not even close and won't ever be.
+2

I could buy oil at Walmart..... or at the local auto parts store for about $10 more, for a 5-quart jug.

I was in WM the other night and as I passed thru the automotive section I glanced at the oil selection . VERY thin . Not just empty spaces , but the whole section looked like it had been shrunk down .

I was in WM the other night and as I passed thru the automotive section I glanced at the oil selection . VERY thin . Not just empty spaces , but the whole section looked like it had been shrunk down .
I imagine with Mobil 1 now being over $32 a Jug they have seen a sizable volume decrease.

I do not understand the appeal of shopping in person when shopping online is more efficient, cheaper and offers better selection.
My last online shopping experiences were awful! Bought some out of stock salon brand shampoo. Box was sitting on our front porch looking like a wet sponge. Both bottles had opened up during shipping and saturated the whole box (Amazon). Had to jump through hoops to get a refund.

Same thing happened again from another online retailer. What a total pita that was!

I always keep my eyes peeled for my next oil change before it's due. That way I'll have my jug of oil ready to go, and not have to worry about scrambling trying to find it the day of or before the oil change.(y)

Conversation at my local Walmart....
Wife: Where did you go?
Me: Checking out the oil.
Wife: Thought so. You do that every time. Would be nice if you stayed with me.
Me: Will do next time. But need to check price and filter options too. Both change every time we visit.
Wife: OK. Next time?
Me: Promise. Perhaps while you are waiting half-an-hour at the check-out I will try again? Certain I'll be back in time to unload/load the cart.
What you need to do, is take her to the oil aisle with you and show her the fun and joy of automotive lubrication:D. Unfortunately she'll probably be bored out of her skull! :ROFLMAO:

Right now I'm willing to pay MORE than to step into a Wal-Mart.... Spend 5 minutes shopping and 10+ waiting in a line...

They really need to revamp the checkout system. Like people with full carts MUST use stations with conveyor belts. IMO, there is a reason you don't need a conveyor on the "Express" lane, or "15 items or less" lane.

Self serve Kiosk, people take their time, and usually causes congestion..

Back