think i am done with oil from walmart

I send my wife and have her check the oil and clearance aisles for oil.

There, I'm done with Walmart. 😎
Question: which one do you need? Extra virgin olive oil, regular olive oil, canola oil, coconut oil, or other? Which is the RIGHT oil?

Just kidding, but I think you will all agree, if you are on this forum answering this question is far more complex than any of us thought possible!

Well how else are you going to find that clearance oil or mis-priced jug of oil?
Brickseek (used to be) your friend, even though it sometimes was a scavenger hunt-that’s where my large supply of M1 HM 5W20 boxes came from, along with a fair amount of Rotella T5 10W30, even some Magnatec 5W30. Then “the disease that must not be named” happened, the world turned upside down, and all the deals disappeared!

Went to two different WMs yesterday. Reason for trip was exchanging something but two of our cars will be needing an oil changes soon so I looked at what was available. Filters for both cars were available in multiple varieties and multiple brands/types of oil were available too - at both stores.

I should create a new thread with the title "Walmart has a great selection of oil and filters". 😄

Went to two different WMs yesterday. Reason for trip was exchanging something but two of our cars will be needing an oil changes soon so I looked at what was available. Filters for both cars were available in multiple varieties and multiple brands/types of oil were available too - at both stores.

I should create a new thread with the title "Walmart has a great selection of oil and filters". 😄
The WM around Louisville have a full oil and filter section. No problems here...Why I am NOT done with Walmart....

went today and selection was lacking. no supertec synth in 10,000 just 20,000 at 26$ per jug. no qts of supertec synth at all! even oil filter selection was out of stock of many common sizes. ended up buying valoline synth for 26$ and a single penzoil 10-30 synth qt at 6.60$. these prices are no longer worth the trip. can go to napa or other auto parts store and get better selection and same pricing approx.
I never buy oil at Wal-Mart either.
Order direct from Amsoil. Arrives in 2 days at doorstep.
Do all our oil changes myself.

I keep a few jugs on the shelf, and reorder filters when again I only have a few on the shelf. I don't buy 100 quarts at a time, nor 100 filters, but enough for a few. If I have to wait because it's out of stock... no big deal.

At least the Walmart's I've been to have been reasonably stocked. If they weren't, I guess I'd be sad and would shop at Autozone, or worse, Amazon, whichever was cheaper.

I never buy oil at Wal-Mart either.
Order direct from Amsoil. Arrives in 2 days at doorstep.
Do all our oil changes myself.
I buy all my oil from Walmart, either in the store or online.
It arrives in one or two days if ordered online with free shipping.
I do all my oil changes myself.

Purchase location is irrelevant except for price. An oil with proven performance through demanding manufacturer approvals is easily available at Walmart. One only needs to get past brand bias and look to what actually matters.

I buy all my oil from Walmart, either in the store or online.
It arrives in one or two days if ordered online with free shipping.
I do all my oil changes myself.
I ordered online when they had the special on 3 5qt jugs of M1. It came fast but all the bottles were wet from oil inside of a bag? The seals seemed intact, but they were wet. Maybe leaking from other jugs in the warehouse? Ever had that happen?

Last edited:
I ordered the online when they had the special on 3 5qt juga of M1. It came fast but all the bottles were wet from oil inside of a bag? The seals seemed intact, but they were wet. Maybe leaking from other jugs in the warehouse? Ever had that happen?
No I haven't seen that.

Purchase location is irrelevant except for price.
Just want to add to this (presuming you're talking about Walmart pricing), but it seems like outside of maybe California, WM's prices are very consistent across the country. There might be minor variations in price based on the market and I'm talking pennies difference, if that. People here often talk about their prices have jumped but it seems that in most cases, it's a mistake with the shelf price.

Just want to add to this (presuming you're talking about Walmart pricing), but it seems like outside of maybe California, WM's prices are very consistent across the country. There might be minor variations in price based on the market and I'm talking pennies difference, if that. People here often talk about their prices have jumped but it seems that in most cases, it's a mistake with the shelf price.
Wouldn't be surprised if you won't be able to buy oil in CA within a few years.

Nah Walmart is still cheaper. I can get m1 AFE for $23 at Walmart. M1 AFE at Oreillys is 35.99

I can get oil and a filter at Walmart for less than 1 jug at oreillys

The economy is in a weird state rn, it makes sense more people are trying to shop at Walmart

Last edited:
I ordered online when they had the special on 3 5qt jugs of M1. It came fast but all the bottles were wet from oil inside of a bag? The seals seemed intact, but they were wet. Maybe leaking from other jugs in the warehouse? Ever had that happen?
Twice. A week ago I had a leaky box on my porch. Not good.

I like Wal-Mart internet boycott activism. I boycott Wal-Mart also until I need something from them and then backslide back to shopping there because nobody here will know.

I also like the Amsoil flexing here.. Makes me realize how poor I am.

I like Wal-Mart internet boycott activism. I boycott Wal-Mart also until I need something from them and then backslide back to shopping there because nobody here will know.

I also like the Amsoil flexing here.. Makes me realize how poor I am.
I agree. I'm far, far from being a wealthy Man. But, I just do what I think is best for our personal vehicles even if it does cost a bit more.
If I have to, I'll eat brown beans with hamhocks cooked in, or bacon, and cornbread, with onion, green onions if I have um, and fried taters and a few hot garden grown peppers for two weeks on end but, I will get by haha.
(I would love that honestly but, my Wife would be fixin' herself somethin' different by the 2nd day)
🤣😁

I agree. I'm far, far from being a wealthy Man. But, I just do what I think is best for our personal vehicles even if it does cost a bit more.
If I have to, I'll eat brown beans with hamhocks cooked in, or bacon, and cornbread, with onion, green onions if I have um, and fried taters and a few hot garden grown peppers for two weeks on end but, I will get by haha.
(I would love that honestly but, my Wife would be fixin' herself somethin' different by the 2nd day)
🤣😁

The "few dollars more" argument is a deep rabbit hole when it comes to oil. I got nothing against those who use Amsoil as we all find value in things differently.

Back