So I've want to buy a $60K electric Kia...

Seeing as it was just fine lapping the northern loop of the nurburgring 3x in a row without issue, I'm curious why you think that is...
Bcs. No street vehicle will do Nurburgring 3X in a row.
Do you need 5-10 miles to warm up the brakes on your EV6? No. That means, no, you do not have the brakes that they used.
What tires did you get on your EV6? Same? No. Those would be destroyed after a lap.

The EV6 you bought would not do 2 laps on HPR here in CO. 911 out of a dealership can do that.

One thing is YouTube promotional material; another is reality.
That is why I told you, go and do it.

Bcs. No street vehicle will do Nurburgring 3X in a row.
Do you need 5-10 miles to warm up the brakes on your EV6? No. That means, no, you do not have the brakes that they used.
What tires did you get on your EV6? Same? No. Those would be destroyed after a lap.

The EV6 you bought would not do 2 laps on HPR here in CO. 911 court of a dealership can do that.
The ev6 gt has 15" rotors up front, 14.2 out back, and generates up to 350kw using the motors to brake. It has zero issues with brakes and heat. Nor does it need CCB to achieve this.

Tires? Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. Because it snows here. Obviously not the choice for the 'Ring.

Screenshot_20230124-160609_Chrome.jpg

The ev6 gt has 15" rotors up front, 14.2 out back, and generates up to 350kw using the motors to brake. It has zero issues with brakes and heat. Nor does it need CCB to achieve this.

Tires? Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. Because it snows here. Obviously not the choice for the 'Ring.

View attachment 137004
Lol. You really don’t know how track works. Rotors are not an issue.

Lol. You really don’t know how track works. Rotors are not an issue.
Right. Its the fluid and pads. That Im telling you, is that the ev6 gt is fine.

You've got 15" rotors, AND 2 motors doing the braking.

This is why L'Argus was so inpressed with it at the nurburgring.

What resources were you using to tell me how bad it is?
Bad? Where did I say it was bad? I actually told you it is good vehicle (except it will be garbage on track and I definitely won’t see it there, like any other KIA).
But, as I remember you told us it is more reliable than iX. One would think you racked up 100k on it.
It turns out this track thing will amount to GTA on computer.

I'm not at all convinced Kia is the place I would go for an EV. However, I've been wrong before.

My Uber experience with a Kia EV was, quite simply, pathetic. The stated range of over 200 miles turned out to be 61 highway miles. By the time I was dropped off at the airport, the driver was frantic for a charge station. He also explained that the car died the day before and had to be flatbed-towed to a charger. (the charger he went to was inop and he did not have enough to make the next one)

Conversely, my Tesla experiences have all been excellent, with 180 mile highway range and known available chargers.
I don’t know what Kia EV that was but in London huge number of Ubers/Bolt/FreeNow drivers use Kia EVs.

Mostly the eNiro, though there are others EVs being used, MG ZS EV, MG5 EV, Kia EV6,, various Hyundais and Teslas.

There are eNiros with 200k miles on them.

And usual range is 250 miles with very little degradation.

So not sure how a driver could get 60miles.

Unless it’s a very early Kia Soul RV that never had 200miles range when new, think it was closer to 120 miles, without Googling it to check

I considered the Y. Decided against it. Any compelling reason for it?

You aren't going to go wrong either most likely. I'm sure some will be hard on you about the Kia since the Tesla has the image of being a more prestigious nameplate and you're basically speaking as if you're already balls deep on a car that isn't in your driveway yet. 😂 I'm just playing around but you know the tone from some people.

I like Tesla and would likely choose them over any other option but the Model Y is by far the worst looking Tesla. I really don't like it. It took me awhile to come around to the Model 3 and the Model Y is a very awkward version if it.

• Haha
Reactions: Ws6
You aren't going to go wrong either most likely. I'm sure some will be hard on you about the Kia since the Tesla has the image of being a more prestigious nameplate and you're basically speaking as if you're already balls deep on a car that isn't in your driveway yet. 😂 I'm just playing around but you know the tone from some people.
Fair. I am frustrated about delivery delays, for sure. That said, how is Tesla "prestigious"? I have never thought it was anything but "first to market" with a viable EV. They constantly produce trash products and their loyal following make excuse after excuse as to why Home Depot wood trim is an integral part of their vehicle, lol! Calling Tesla "prestigious"...for what?

Now, I do get the snob appeal of paying $65K for a $45K vehicle, yes, what a flex, I get it. Like the first guy in your town to own a Civic Type R for $90K or something. But otherwise? How on earth is it "prestigious"?

Fair. I am frustrated about delivery delays, for sure. That said, how is Tesla "prestigious"? I have never thought it was anything but "first to market" with a viable EV. They constantly produce trash products and their loyal following make excuse after excuse as to why Home Depot wood trim is an integral part of their vehicle, lol! Calling Tesla "prestigious"...for what?

Now, I do get the snob appeal of paying $65K for a $45K vehicle, yes, what a flex, I get it. Like the first guy in your town to own a Civic Type R for $90K or something. But otherwise? How on earth is it "prestigious"?

I'm not saying it is. I'm just saying public perception. Tesla is looked at as if it's in line with Mercedes or BMW. That doesn't mean it's deserved, it just paints an image to some people and because their first to market widely available car was in a luxury price point it's held that sort of look to the average person. It actually makes for some funny conversations too because there are a number of clueless people that think all Teslas are $100k. It gets some similar reactions as when I had my Jags.

I often wonder if I could fly under the radar easier with a Kia. I would think so. Even when I know what I'm seeing I don't think the average person does. I saw a Hyundai Ionic a couple of days ago and I'm sure the average person just sees it as a nice hatchback. I like it. I think though Tesla has such a cohesive styling element it stands out to even the average person.

I do want to know what Tesla you're paying $65k for when even the Model Y Performance starts at $57k.

@Ws6 I've followed your posts over the years and you tend to get really psyched about a car, buy it, then find tons of flaws shortly thereafter.

Have you been able to identify any flaws with the EV6?

Reactions: Ws6
@Ws6 I've followed your posts over the years and you tend to get really psyched about a car, buy it, then find tons of flaws shortly thereafter.

Have you been able to identify any flaws with the EV6?
Probably hard to do since he doesn't have it yet. I'm just over here enjoying my Home Depot wood trimmed interior. 😂

Probably hard to do since he doesn't have it yet. I'm just over here enjoying my Home Depot wood trimmed interior. 😂
I'm suggesting trying to see flaws in the car before buying it this time. You were able to find flaw with the trim without owning it...

I considered the Y. Decided against it. Any compelling reason for it?

Lack of speed gating/ HVAC compromise during DC fast charging.
Proven high sustained travel speed
A superior charging network
A history of continuous and steady software improvements
Proven and stable battery degradation

Back