MCD's double cheeseburger for a $1 going away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
I was actually told by a doctor years ago to NEVER eat McDonald's french fries. In his opinion, they are the most godawful thing on the planet. As soon as I stopped eating them, I lost weight and stopped getting headaches. I don't miss them.

NY,
Same problem, same solution for me!!!(Headaches!!!)
crazy2.gif

I used to have a HORRIBLE diet(teens and 20s) and couldnt figure out why I was fat, tired, and always had various aches and pains. Now Im eating healthier, cooking at home, less soft drinks/more water. Im saving a bundle of cash, feel great, and have lost weight.

I find that if I go to a fast food place these days, the food just doesnt taste good. Its good that I live near Chicago, where theres a good mom-n-pop joint in every neighborhood. Italian beef/burgers/hot dogs...Good stuff!!! Its also a plus to help out a locally owned business.

Originally Posted By: bobfather99
Its good that I live near Chicago, where theres a good mom-n-pop joint in every neighborhood. Italian beef/burgers/hot dogs...Good stuff!!!

AMEN! "El Amigo" on Rt 30 just east of Rt 41 has fantastic steak tostadas! And, get this, they have REAL, imported from Mexico, Pepsi & Coke, no HFCS -- REAL sugar! Makes for a great treat every so often!

bobfather99, Yeah, I agree. I went years with NO fast food whatsoever. Now, I have teens AND a four year old, so it's kinda unavoidable from time to time. It tastes terrible. My stepson can't understand why I'll get a burger or a grilled chicken sandwich and have water and no fries. It blows his mind.
Another thing is soda. I never used to drink it and then, at my current job, they were giving it to us endlessly. My legs started hurting. I thought about what I was doing nw that I wasn't doing before... Soda. Stopped the soda, legs stopped hurting. Back to water and homemade iced tea.
One of the helpers walked in this morning from the Friday morning Southern Style Chicken Biscuit run. They were 2 for 4 dollars here in the city. We used to split it up and all have one. Deal's over. Now they're like 2.75 apiece. That's it for those.

BK near me has a single hamburger on their $1 menu but the cheeseburger is $1.29. However, a Whopper Jr is also $1, comes with meat, cheese, onions, and various other toppings like maybe a piece of lettuce or tomato.

Yum.

I chided my wife a few years ago for ordering a single McDs cheeseburger when she could have gotten the double for .01 more. I'd have gladly put the 3rd layer on my own sandwich.

Shannow is right, McDs makes great travelling food. The sausage biscuit leaves a lingering flavor and satisfaction that gets me 100+ miles down the road.

Five pages to this thread and noone comments on the "rising beef and chicken prices lead us to..."
37.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Five pages to this thread and noone comments on the "rising beef and chicken prices lead us to..."
37.gif

to no more $1 MCD double cheeseburger.
grin2.gif

Probably best anyway, maybe as a nation we'll lose weight. get more MPG in our rides for carrying less weight too
thumbsup2.gif

However, a Whopper Jr is also $1, comes with meat, cheese, onions, and various other toppings like maybe a piece of lettuce or tomato.

Whopper Jr doesn't come with cheese, that costs something like 50 cents extra.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Originally Posted By: bobfather99
Its good that I live near Chicago, where theres a good mom-n-pop joint in every neighborhood. Italian beef/burgers/hot dogs...Good stuff!!!

AMEN! "El Amigo" on Rt 30 just east of Rt 41 has fantastic steak tostadas! And, get this, they have REAL, imported from Mexico, Pepsi & Coke, no HFCS -- REAL sugar! Makes for a great treat every so often!

I see youve been to my stomping grounds before....
10.gif

Thanks for the tip on the Mexican soft drinks!!

The sausage biscuit leaves a lingering flavor and satisfaction that gets me 100+ miles down the road.

Been there, done that..... Sometimes its quite "musical" in the car....

I chided my wife a few years ago for ordering a single McDs cheeseburger when she could have gotten the double for .01 more. I'd have gladly put the 3rd layer on my own sandwich.
she did the right thing

she probably wanted to stay skinny and sexah for ya
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman
I know, I'm a hypocritical drunk!

Are you now checking all my posts?
grin2.gif

No, I originally thought that 'indedible' was a word I didn't know. In fact, I googled it and came up with hits.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
No, I originally thought that 'indedible' was a word I didn't know. In fact, I googled it and came up with hits.

Maybe "indedible" is a new word made up from "inedible" and "indelible?"
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX

Maybe "indedible" is a new word made up from "inedible" and "indelible?"
LOL.gif

Indedible: (adj) so inedible that after one taste you will never forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back