Fast Food Reward Points

I have previously used online/app ordering in order to get prices that I couldn't find in person. Like combo meals. If I went in person they might have charged $2 or $3 more.

I did recently go to this well know Taco Bell in Pacifica, Califonria that has a location right on the beach with a deck.

taco-bell-pacifica-exterior-3-1562946065.jpg

The location is awesome but on weekends it can be difficult to find parking. I saw they wanted $8.99 for a large freeze (an Icee really). They also have beer. I arrived there at about the time they would normally have happy hour ($1 beverages at most locations) and even checked on the app for pickup. When I said something about it, an employee said they didn't participate. So I got out of line and then tried to order for pickup. Only every time I tried to check out I got an indication of a technical difficulty. I ended up leaving an found a location further away that did participate in happy hour but where the franchisee charged $1.29.

Everytime I’m at Taco Bell there is someone who ordered ahead with the app talking to a manager to get onto the tech support line because the app erased their points or overcharged them without getting their order and the manager can do nothing to help with app technical problems besides put the customer on a hotline

Everytime I’m at Taco Bell there is someone who ordered ahead with the app talking to a manager to get onto the tech support line because the app erased their points or overcharged them without getting their order and the manager can do nothing to help with app technical problems besides put the customer on a hotline

I've never had an issue other than the time I forgot to change my location and it was sent to some place 10 miles away (where I made my last order). But at this specific location there was clearly a disconnect between the online ordering prices and the location.

I'm playing around with it for that specific location, and as long as it's not something that's happy hour priced in the cart, it doesn't seem to burp the order.

Burger King used to have great deals, but now they’re not so great. I remember when “Whopper Wednesday” meant a $1 Whopper. Then $2. Then $3. I just went to one and it’s $4 now. I also remover a time when I saw this free Whopper with minimum ($1?) purchase but the code it gave said “MGR” meaning the manager had to come and approve it, although it was also available for online order. It was supposedly for signing up, but I’d signed up years ago and I saw that for a fairly long time.

Back