Worst Fast Food Restaurants in America

You sure save a lot of money doing it. It's their decision. It's no different than someone going through a six pack every evening after work.
I know it’s a shot at me and I’m fine with that cause I do post on what you are drinking a six pack a night is a far stretch. Yes I have craft beer generally 1 night a week or a beer post workout generally after riding road bike 40 to 60 mile. This is the important part I never care what people spend money on including what I wrote it’s the day in and out of feeding yourself trash.

1663161361532.jpg

the six pac/eve is not good either.
If one were to think about what is consumed (self or other) fast food IS the tip of the ice berg.
"...Food quality and what passes as acceptable to be commonly consumed..."
More'n more attempt to stay away from the 'corporate', buy local, eat local, etc...

I switched to Banquet frozen dinners, That way my so-so lunch is only $1.49 and the microwave time is about the sames as the drive-thu wait. Plus no fbi taking my smart phone :)

Since I moved to a small mountain town that has no fast food restaurants which also coincided with the beginning of the pandemic I think I have eaten at a fast food restaurant less than a half dozen times. Each time I did I was somewhat shocked at the bill until I realized that the $4.99 burger/fries/Coke meal was a thing of the past since the do-gooders decided that the minimum wage needed to be so high.

Somebody commented that you don't want someone who will work for sub-market wages isn't the kind of person you want preparing your food. That may be. But I'm also not willing to pay almost $15 these days for what I think is less than $5 worth of food. I'm not a social worker and bear no responsibility to provide a living wage to anyone.

I switched to Banquet frozen dinners, That way my so-so lunch is only $1.49 and the microwave time is about the sames as the drive-thu wait. Plus no fbi taking my smart phone :)
A cell phone shoildn't be used for any potential nefarious use. But then we do have a gestapo running wild.

Broasters is a similar fried chicken franchise concept as Krispy Krunchy - and it uses similar pressurized fryers as KFC does.

Never had it - I’ve had Krispy Krunchy many times, there’s a few bodegas that carry it. Part of the KK franchise agreement is food safety, buying your products from them(I think Tyson is their main supplier) and other quality measures.

Pressure friers are pretty ubiquitous

I had a friend that had one from a restaurant it was awesome if you had the room - making 50Lb of wings for party was a piece of cake.

You gotta know by now that the fast food industry leaves food quality at or near the bottom of their list of priorities.
Customer traffic is to the FF industry what ratings are to the broadcasting industry. Both don't care what the product is as long as they sell it.

The number of people who are buying this deadly fast food garbage seems high as the restaurants don't close and frequently remodel. Ergo, I conclude that number of people (whatever it is) are too lazy to prep their own food and are actually stupid. You have to be stupid to ignore the lousy food quality . You have to be stupid not to see the absence of value. You have to be selectively stupid to fail to acknowledge the paper and styrofoam waste added to the garbage stream.

Lazy, fat, stupid, selfish (the garbage stream), uncalculating (cost) and impatient. Don't act too surprised.

They opened a new BK near my office a couple years ago; I've never been there but a co-worker goes pretty often and says it's actually quite good.

I keep thinking of the one closest to my house. It must be the saddest, loneliest Burger King in the state. There's NEVER anyone there. The parking lot has more gravel than asphalt. I was reading the Yelp reviews about it... One of them mentioned being in the drive-thru lane, and were asked to pull forward to wait. Finally, their food was brought out by the local homeless guy (he's in there all the time to use the facilities).

Pressure friers are pretty ubiquitous

I had a friend that had one from a restaurant it was awesome if you had the room - making 50Lb of wings for party was a piece of cake.
A friend was asking me about a blast freezer to preserve his fishing catch. I more or less told him if you have $20K laying around, Restaurant Depot or Webstarant Store is happy to sell you one.

INO and CFA, as much as I disagree with their politics also don’t franchise, have tight control of their supply chains(In-N-Out grinds their own meat in Buena Park and Stockton, CA), all their stores are company owned and the families that founded them(Synder & Truett families) are still calling the shots at their headquarters, not disgruntled franchisees. And they actually treat their workers decent for fast food(INO pays above minimum wage in CA, CFA is closed on Sundays) as well.

McDonald’s and Starbucks comes close for standards and cleanliness, but the former is franchised. Jack in the Box had to take food safety seriously after the 1993 E. Coli outbreak they had that almost did them in. I hear more E. Coli and salmonella incidents with Safeway’s central meat processing plant in Tracy, CA than I do most fast food joints.

I try to avoid fast food, but have it on occasion, and there are times when it's unavoidable, like on road trips.

I do think I-n-O gets too much hype, and it should be kept in mind that it's still fast food, but their standards are clearly higher, and the way they run things helps explain why.

And the value is very good as well, when compared to what a lot of fast food chains are charging nowadays (the dollar menus notwithstanding -- and with those, gotta wonder what gets compromised to allow that pricing).

Last edited:
The OPs post was worst fast food joints.
My list:
Wendy's
Arby's
Burger King

All three in any order. As a rule they are dirty, old and in need of updating throughout and the food sucks.

Wendy's for the win with e-coli burgers 🤢🍔:

Lettuce WILL kill you!
The OPs post was worst fast food joints.
My list:
Wendy's
Arby's
Burger King

All three in any order. As a rule they are dirty, old and in need of updating throughout and the food sucks.
Appropriate screen name is appropriate.

A cell phone shoildn't be used for any potential nefarious use. But then we do have a gestapo running wild.
Seems that way. You know , My team and Your team. Got to root for my team and trash the other.

True, All is fair in love and war, up until you try to ignore the gamebook and crumble the very foundation.

Then the ref takes you out of the game.

We have a good Taco Bell near me in the next town south.

I stopped going there as I got tired of asking for no diced raw onion but getting onions and then a side of rice was about 2 tablespoons and not cheap.

Beef and bean Burritos and Potato and Beef burrito - Big and YUMMY!

Lately I have been going to the grocery store buffet. They typically have General Tso's Chicken and also Chicken Tacos and also Chorizo Tater Tots. If you don't go nuts loading up the container you can have a tasty and appropriately sized lunch for about 5 bucks.

Wendy's Burgers in the 80's when Dave was around was killer good. Big, flat juicy, fatty QUALITY ground chuck and fatty ends ground up and cooked medium rare to order.

Wendy's Burgers in the 80's when Dave was around was killer good. Big, flat juicy, fatty QUALITY ground chuck and fatty ends ground up and cooked medium rare to order.

+2

What happened to Wendy's ever since then? I drive by and there are just two cars in the parking lot, and no one at the drive-thru. Meanwhile, there's twenty cars in the line across the street at McDonald's. Because, you know, it's lunchtime. People are avoiding the Wendy's like it's the plague.

+2

What happened to Wendy's ever since then? I drive by and there are just two cars in the parking lot, and no one at the drive-thru. Meanwhile, there's twenty cars in the line across the street at McDonald's. Because, you know, it's lunchtime. People are avoiding the Wendy's like it's the plague.

I think after Dave Thomas died it just withered.

Wendy's for the win with e-coli burgers 🤢🍔:

That almost took down Jack in the Box, once they forced their franchisees to adopt HACCP and cleaned up their supply chain, they had to revamp their marketing, a smart move:

Someone who was an ag science major at Cal Poly SLO told me to avoid ground beef from many grocery stores - Safeway being the worst offender. I usually get it from the butcher/Whole Foods or the cyropacked organic stuff from Costco.

Back