Drive Thru - Fast Food Rant

Beavis and Butt-Head Burger World (TV Episode 1993) - IMDb

Was this the Fast Food place? Never really could get decent service

I like getting to know people at the fast food joints because I figure that after dealing with hundreds of unfriendly voices, it's nice to see a kind one in person.

I always go in to order. Always say please. Always say thanks and mean it. Sometimes I have a nice conversation for all the right reasons and I always leave positive feedback on the surveys.

We don't need a quicker world. Just a kind one with mutual respect. That's all it takes.

I like getting to know people at the fast food joints because I figure that after dealing with hundreds of unfriendly voices, it's nice to see a kind one in person.

I always go in to order. Always say please. Always say thanks and mean it. Sometimes I have a nice conversation for all the right reasons and I always leave positive feedback on the surveys.

We don't need a quicker world. Just a kind one with mutual respect. That's all it takes.
Same here......

I don't use drive-thru anywhere, for more than 10 years. I prefer to go inside and either eat or take my food out. Over time, I have come out ahead. I have been burned by longer wait times very few times.

As an after thought, I have seen where they ask that person go to a designated parking place while they fill that order, and can continue to service the customers behind the large order.
I almost always go inside to order but I've come to realize that drive thru seems to get priority for some reason. It's like the auto parts store, I'm here in person not some lazy ass at home laying down on the sofa. I should have priority. Once the counter guy deals with people that are physically present, then he can deal with the so and so's that won't leave the house.

100% ^

Same. I try be kind and understanding with people even when they blatantly mess up. I’m not perfect but I alway try my best. It is amazing how many people are completely self centered and show zero compassion or grace to strangers, especially with service workers.

Seems like a lot of folks are front and center on Sunday morning, but forget everything by lunch when dealing with the server who made a mistake.

Kindness takes zero effort.

It seems like many fast food restaurants now offer extra or alternative toppings but don't always add them if asked. For instance Wendy's has asiago cheese on the menu. I detest American processed cheese. Most of the time I get asiago but last time of course I didn't look and got American cheese. Secondly it seems like if you ask for a sandwich a certain way but it's not on a labeled button people have a difficult time. I had my order really messed up at Popeyes twice. I called the customer service number politely and explained the issue. They offered $5 which won't cover the price of a combo. No more Popeyes ever. Wendy's messed up once, i emailed the regional manager and was sent an apology and a code for a free combo for the error and that she'd speak with the store manager to correct the issue promptly.Two completely different ways to handle a problem.

It seems like many fast food restaurants now offer extra or alternative toppings but don't always add them if asked. For instance Wendy's has asiago cheese on the menu. I detest American processed cheese. Most of the time I get asiago but last time of course I didn't look and got American cheese. Secondly it seems like if you ask for a sandwich a certain way but it's not on a labeled button people have a difficult time. I had my order really messed up at Popeyes twice. I called the customer service number politely and explained the issue. They offered $5 which won't cover the price of a combo. No more Popeyes ever. Wendy's messed up once, i emailed the regional manager and was sent an apology and a code for a free combo for the error and that she'd speak with the store manager to correct the issue promptly.Two completely different ways to handle a problem.
Here Wendy's and Popeyes give you what they want to give you and it doesn't matter what you ordered.

I hope so, everything they serve is already made. Although I did go to one shortly after 11am and had to wait on something. Probably because they'd just opened for the day.
Panda Express kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I went in and they have a sign that says they have brown rice. I asked for it and was willing to wait if they were out. I got a "We didn't make any so we don't have it available today. " I was a little dumbfounded when I got that response.

Panda Express kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I went in and they have a sign that says they have brown rice. I asked for it and was willing to wait if they were out. I got a "We didn't make any so we don't have it available today. " I was a little dumbfounded when I got that response.

A couple months ago I wanted a mediterranean bowl from Panera Bread. Couldn't get it because they were out of rice.

A couple weeks ago I ordered a southwest salad from Chick-fil-a. After waiting 10 minutes, I went up to the counter and was told that the kitchen prepared it but it was somehow lost (???) and they were making another one.

Weed is legal in this state, by the way.

Any food place if they screw up, it must be ranked............putting some allergen on someone's food when the person expressly requested to leave it off, and the person dies, if mid level and say, a bit extra salt is low level. That sort of thing.

The worst level, is group takeaway when they don't include someone's entire meal. Nothing worse. The look in that persons eye's while the group chows down. Amazing.

I have a few personal rules on the subject of fast food:

1. No custom orders. Either I accept the default way they make it or I don't eat there.
2. The best local option for me is McDonald's, therefore I buy gift cards and get 4X fuel points when I do. Thus the employees aren't burdened with math or anything else to tax their brains.
3. It has been almost 50 years since I set foot in a BK and I never will as long as I live. I blame them wholly and totally for the "have it your way" mindset. IMHO...perhaps the worst corporate policy involving food of all time.

Any food place if they screw up, it must be ranked............putting some allergen on someone's food when the person expressly requested to leave it off, and the person dies, if mid level and say, a bit extra salt is low level. That sort of thing.

The worst level, is group takeaway when they don't include someone's entire meal. Nothing worse. The look in that persons eye's while the group chows down. Amazing.
I've had that happen to me. Worst ever.

We are now having chicken thighs, potatoes and broccoli braised in stock, prep time maybe five minutes and around a half an hour to cook.
Pretty fast food.
Part of the problem may be that people just don't seem to know how to cook these days, so they buy this dreck from a drive through to feed their families paying good steak money for stuff wife and I wouldn't eat.

I only use the drive though when the line is just a car or two. More than that and I'm not pointlessly burning gas.

This coincides with my recent experience.

I lightly honked because the person in front didn't pull up to that assigned space to wait and instead blocked the drive-thru. You can only imagine how upset they were when I pointed this out and they doubled down and they told me to wait right here. No they didn't and it's not my fault you can't read and are ignorant of signs.

Dirty Jersey car, complete with bare feet on the dash. 🤮

A couple months ago I wanted a mediterranean bowl from Panera Bread. Couldn't get it because they were out of rice.

A couple weeks ago I ordered a southwest salad from Chick-fil-a. After waiting 10 minutes, I went up to the counter and was told that the kitchen prepared it but it was somehow lost (???) and they were making another one.

Weed is legal in this state, by the way.

I do not go to Chick Fil A in person, I order from Uber Eats and not deal with the hassles or the 75 cars in drive thru.

Last edited:
Back