Jimmy Buffet Passes - 9/1/2023

I'm a Buffett fan, though I don't call myself a Parrothead, mostly because I never made the effort to see him in concert; I regret that. For years the ringtone on my old Blackberry was "Cheeseburger in Paradise". Good memories. RIP

It is horrible to hear this, I'm very sad today. JB's flight department was directly next door to ours at Jet Aviation PBI. We flew for each other and were all friends. I knew he was not well, and had hopes he'd recover. JB was an amazing guy, and quite simply, could do it all. Very intelligent, funny, exceptionally warm and friendly, for years he would show up on the Jet Aviation ramp with some crazy vehicle that, well, somehow fit his personality.

He always had some form of seaplane, and would take them everywhere. In recent years, he had a Cessna Caravan on floats. I think that was the only caravan in the world to have flown home with a broken wing spar.... (not JB's fault). But it's a crazy story, and the aircraft cleaners noticed that the wing was bent!

What a character JB was. There was a large fundraiser in Palm Beach for a successful presidential candidate in 2007. JB and this candidate were upstairs partaking in some well, um.. the kind of things that JB might do. And the presidential canditate was too blitzed to come down and meet those who paid to see him. It made for a very odd situation. And generated some strong negative feelings among the Palm Beach elite and this candidate. I may or may not have been there.

jimmy-buffetts-cessna-caravan-floatplane-n208jb-in-flight-2G9WG72.jpg

ghows-LK-936232db-250b-6d01-e053-0100007fce86-1575e359.jpeg

View attachment 176403
Very interesting story about the successful presidential candidate. Lol

———

It was very sad to see he passed away. For whatever reason, I started listening to him a few days before he passed away. Heck, my wife and I were lounging in the pool listening to him the night he passed away. I’ve still been listening to his music between my podcasts and such and I’m sure my wife is getting tired of it at this point. Lol

Wish I had a chance to see him live.

Back