MCD's double cheeseburger for a $1 going away

Status
Not open for further replies.
the dbl burger will be missed, I'm sure all the other $1 offerings from all the joints will be gone eventually also. how low can you reduce overhead or increase production to make it profitable? it's got to reach a point of lowest common denominator. until they can figure out a way for them to import them from China Inc.
I understand all the mcd bashing, but really, all processed food is bad for you, whether it comes to you in a box (fast food joints), the freezer case, or on a plate at a chain 'retaurant' (applebees, friendly's, ruby tuesdays, etc). people want flavor, flavor equals fat. take the fat away, up the salt, sugar and artificial ingredients.
this also to say nothing about the amount of waste w/ all the packaging.
but it's all part of the culture. if you want to take you kids to soccer, piano lessons and the chess club, fit in between your tae bo class and your local preservation group and home association meetings, who has the time to cook?
about the beef tallow in the fries comment earlier, that's true. mcd fries did taste better because of it. when I read about it being eliminated in the US, mcd still made them that way for the Japanese market. funny.
also a comment about the so-called 'coke' they serve at mcds: it tates different than coke from anywhere else, like it has cinnomon or something in it. I haven't researched this (yet) but it is unmistakeably different (surely a cost cutting move).

I gotta admit I used to LOVE their double CBs. Of course, I also weighed 225lbs at 5'8.

When I stopped eating there and buying other snacks I started losing tons of weight. I am now 145lbs.

I only go there maybe once a year at most now. Its still tasty to me, but I just avoid it. I don't want a "McBody" ever again.

Originally Posted By: Cogito
[/quote]
On Tuesdays, BK has 59 cent hamburgers and 69 cent cheeseburgers. Their Whopper Jr. ain't bad for a buck.

fo real? you pullin my chain?

Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah
PandaBear said:
NYEngineer said:
When I worked at McDonald's we served $1 Big N' Tastys. The owner really hated selling this "premium" sandwich on the dollar menu. Corporate said he had to.

I rather have the double cheeseburger than the big N'tasty (AKA big N' NASTY). In Memphis, they did away with the $1 doublecheeseburger and you had to get their Big N'Nasty sandwich for a $1.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Originally Posted By: Cogito

On Tuesdays, BK has 59 cent hamburgers and 69 cent cheeseburgers. Their Whopper Jr. ain't bad for a buck.

fo real? you pullin my chain? [/quote]
sho 'nuff! Although they raised the prices last week to 69/79.

Originally Posted By: psudaytona
I gotta admit I used to LOVE their double CBs. Of course, I also weighed 225lbs at 5'8.

When I stopped eating there and buying other snacks I started losing tons of weight. I am now 145lbs.

I only go there maybe once a year at most now. Its still tasty to me, but I just avoid it. I don't want a "McBody" ever again.
Great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back