2015 F350 Super Duty at auction today

The fact that it started right up and you made it back safe is good news. Sounds like you're on top of the repairs. A fresh oil change will be nice.

Reactions: GON
Sell the house and get one with a bigger garage... all so that a salvage title truck can fit inside. LOL...
I like that a post said " a fresh oil change will be nice" or something to that effect. Yea after looking under neath the drivers side chassis that's what it needs.

Sell the house and get one with a bigger garage... all so that a salvage title truck can fit inside. LOL...
Removed the garage door handle and the door now is closed.

PXL_20221220_022658133.jpg
PXL_20221220_022636732.jpg

It's nice you have this little hobby for your spare time.🥴

Glad the recovery went well.
Just spoke with my youngest Son coming home for Christmas from a holiday break at basic training. Told him looking forward to his coming home, and maybe he might like working on the truck with me. He didn't sound as enthusiastic as I am on this truck.....

Just spoke with my youngest Son coming home for Christmas from a holiday break at basic training. Told him looking forward to his coming home, and maybe he might like working on the truck with me. He didn't sound as enthusiastic as I am on this truck.....

Whoa! Wait a minute. A break from Basic Training?

Yes, they send basic trainees home now for the holidays.

It’s totally different these days. During my ten week boot camp we got 1 pass for 12 hours I think on a Sunday. A bunch of us went to San Francisco. The whole thing was a setup because that next morning we had to do double the exercises. That week we started our firefighting training at Treasure Island. That was an experience.

Good luck to your son.

Doors are now able to open. And the salvage yard just called and said to come pickup the replacement door.

It took some time to get the driver door to open. But mission accomplished. Although there is a gap at the top rear, the suicide door is actually functional. I suspect if I installed the replacement driver's door today, the truck would be functional, with a large air gap between the bottom of the driver's door and the cab.

The damage to the lower cab is deeper than thought. Have to figure out if I can replace this piece, have a body shop pull the piece back to shape, or if I can get it back to shape myself. I do have a harbor freight monster winch.

Not a body man- but I sense the inner and outer driver side rocker panels need replacement. Parts seem reasonably available.

PXL_20221220_162036991.jpg
PXL_20221220_162127422.jpg
PXL_20221220_162032151.jpg
PXL_20221220_162018492.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up the door. The listing said a quality. Door has a dent at the lowe portion, and a small bend at the bottom ridge.
PXL_20221220_175057363.jpg

When I rebuilt a Ford Fusion, I ended up getting a hood out of a salvage yard in Rockford. It was April 2020, right in the depths of the COVID panic. The hood was the right color, but wasn't in the best of shape... but they did have one. Know how you feel... They did hold it for me for a day, and had me in and out in 20 minutes. So, they did me right on that.

y_CQnc9CnuMAi19bscjl-Q7Hj-1CSzOsHcsimebk8SSey_jclbnBkDz-SDF_U97TR0w_RLNJsS_1FxK3I3QYBFqRPmhM1PRLhiM_usjThwEWE9KENbJuoo3B00fxPbuRVQZSTg6o2m40NbRFwY_LPLux8B31xMH_Wv6IepjmRn3wCnDEh91a4Eh0h18qOyzcFP4_1--5aTFqP-f3zJB2rkFcctfpTk-rCCfBzgz-wzuR-EQhtwNj8S8JkBHCr6bEOZelKa3Apj7B_HxihkNMdYem-QmLQMXMx2rz-08u9aTwri1s67rQqR9cZXjLTn6tgLTDjY92cfpIf6ltyYyjL3lIZWdPmt15XvDkUFtVjhbr8dFZM_SgKJnI-bRI-wMpW8N7OkMuFcPeA1jzo6nci6HNlB8urV0IkFZ8kozSgDGUCmiL6qwFU8XhCAWJssaoymWS-kSiewlTRUbck27J7QyYJhNd8Sv0e5-KCsaiNxKfvmB5c7KN8UdrCtKBschahvVDErr6NTf2sQ3vGBD-Pf1DNDbqgXzpQhMM3ZDYBQlI5VvKHejARZYC39ibfy4QVSBqq7qq6mU-DiesXXb_3XyF2BW1Nw6zQDp7HMdtZ2d8X44RTuDSe3JzJ7iVTcz0uIy749vROjVIcsYhpRyDEx0IBxJt3kTV-BlWxbeX4OFF0KHC5a53t6bTVCUeRO4hJ1cMAbKtgkdc87gTrRvWJu-DxEmy6jiQ_iATgaZqUx2ShdsMxmWdWGOjFDUPOa1Zb4MCei4iqa_5VAyOsxxfuD-QPNJ4pnlXQ8U5JYY4KN0S8KYOmwSu0fo2bVWlduXp5hJ2AtuQl3y74px525vTMulOXQh1PIl8wYEIQRnc4e10Ep2bwCiR3nceVKGWcOtf0sYPLPxrU94VHZ7S3uzWHgfawYKcVYCHScqAkvI5M8112gpCCw=w685-h386-no

Reactions: GON
Stopped by a tiny "one man" body shop bout replacing the left rocker panel He said he is four-five months backlogged, and warned me that most any bodyshop in this area will either try to screw me over real large, or turn down the work as with the shortages of labor- they only want insurance work and not individual customers.

Times they are a changing. When I was working in Leesville, LA (FT Polk area), there were shops everywhere, and I sense most would jump on a rocker replacement job. Seems like shops can be selective her in the PNW, and I understand it.

Will be studying youtube videos on rocker panel techniques.

Maybe flip is the wrong word. Do you keep all of these auction vehicles you buy and fix?
AZJ,

Lot of people flip vehicles- good and fair question.

Yes, I keep all the vehicles I rebuild. Eventually a friend or family member will need a vehicle, and then I will gift them a vehicle. Except my youngest Son. He did not maintain the S10 ZR2 I gifted him, along with a dealer installed trans I gifted him. So when the trans went out again, 30 days post warranty, because of what I believe was a loss of trans fluid- I had him pay about half of market value for the SUV transferred to him. Thought he needed some skin in the game, Dad was not going to bail out his lack of preventative maintenance and checks.

How has that worked out, gifting a person who needs a vehicle something like a Mercedes? "Needs" kinda indicates a low finances situation....

You don't talk about fixing Camrys and Sonatas.. ;)

Nice how you combine your car interest with helping people. (y)

Last edited:
Back