Interesting vehicle up for auction low mileage 2019 F350 dually salvage

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Low mileage (45k) 2019 F350 dually up for auction. Needs at a minimum a new cab. Will the winning bidder repair or part out the truck? I will watch closely the sales price- will help in some ways to understand the state of the used truck market.

35805619_1_I.jpeg
35805619_2_I.jpeg
35805619_3_I.jpeg
35805619_4_I.jpeg
35805619_5_I.jpeg
35805619_6_I.jpeg
35805619_7_I.jpeg
35805619_8_I.jpeg
35805619_9_I.jpeg
35805619_10_I.jpeg

That is a repairable truck. These trucks are still selling for $65k with this mileage but no prior damage.

Looking at that sticker was this truck sold new in Canada? I wonder what the story is behind that damage?

Looking at that sticker was this truck sold new in Canada? I wonder what the story is behind that damage?

Yes, it was originally manufactured for and sold in Canada. Lots of these trucks end up coming back to the US to be sold on the used market. When I last shopped for a truck, you could often find dealers that had many of these trucks for sale on the used market...

Yes, it was originally manufactured for and sold in Canada. Lots of these trucks end up coming back to the US to be sold on the used market. When I last shopped for a truck, you could often find dealers that had many of these trucks for sale on the used market...
Good luck with any future recall repairs. For some reason manufacturers tend to not want to honor recalls if the vehicle was manufactured for a different market even if it is nearly identical to the USA version.

I follow a few YT rebuilders, that would be child's play compared to the work they have done previously. only a matter of finding a cab and swapping parts. I'll update if i can find it, they have done some pretty frame wrecked RV's, and quite a few F-whatevers, Tesla's, etc

here it us, Niko brothers, fascinating to watch their risk taking.

I follow a few YT rebuilders, that would be child's play compared to the work they have done previously. only a matter of finding a cab and swapping parts. I'll update if i can find it, they have done some pretty frame wrecked RV's, and quite a few F-whatevers, Tesla's, etc

here it us, Niko brothers, fascinating to watch their risk taking.

While it appears they have some great tools the F250 video I just watched them not use a torque wrench on the leaf spring bracket, bumper, or anywhere for that matter. :oops:

Last edited:
Replace left rear door, left cab corner, back window. Doesn't look like a terrible repair at all. Probably got totaled when the estimator saw the cab corner isn't available separately from the whole side panel which calls for 27 hours to replace. Any good body man can cut out the damaged section and put in just enough of the new side panel in a fraction of the time.

Good luck with any future recall repairs. For some reason manufacturers tend to not want to honor recalls if the vehicle was manufactured for a different market even if it is nearly identical to the USA version.
There are a massive amount of F150s that are imported in to the U.S. from Canada. It's big business.

So with Ford-it's not an issue. Not sure about everybody else.

The warranties and recalls are not an issue. They will not honor warranties (don't know about recalls) on "rebuilt" or "salvage" titled vehicles.

ON edit-
Federal law requires car manufacturers to pay for safety recalls. All drivers have to do is bring it to a dealership. But Nassaney says he was told the recall warranty didn't apply to salvaged cars... He'd have to pay out of pocket.

Last edited:
Replace left rear door, left cab corner, back window. Doesn't look like a terrible repair at all. Probably got totaled when the estimator saw the cab corner isn't available separately from the whole side panel which calls for 27 hours to replace. Any good body man can cut out the damaged section and put in just enough of the new side panel in a fraction of the time.
how good are you at welding aluminum?

If it’s like my 150, there is an inner high strength steel safety cage. I don’t think this is an aluminum sheet metal repair only.

A few months ago I talked with a fellow with a newish F-150. Someone had hit the truck on the driver's side and damaged the B-pillar.

Although it looked very repairable, he said our public insurance company had written the truck off. He was waiting for a settlement, and was still driving the truck.

The adjustor considered the torn aluminum strength member to be unrepairable. I assume the cost of replacing the cab was prohibitive.

The truck looked to be in good shape otherwise.

Reactions: GON
It looks to me like it was towing a 5th wheel or Gooseneck trailer, and control was lost and jackknifed. My guess would be due to an icy road.
My thoughts matched yours. But the tailgate is damage free as is the inside and outside of the driver side bed. I guess the gooseneck could have gone forward and caused that impact while leaving the tailgate and left side of the bed untouched, but seems unlikely.

Just checked the current bid, truck high bid is now over $20k. And the real buyers have not even come out to bid. Looks like this truck will likely see a high bid north of $30k.

Back