Today's salvage vehicle- stolen 2014 FORD SUPER DUTY F-350 SRW RWD

@GON

Mossyrock is a tiny town that you might be interested in going to on a day trip. The main attractions are Riffe Lake where the park you referenced is at and Mayfield Lake. Both were created by dams operated by the City of Tacoma. There is a great nursery there too right on the highway. ( US12)

Another nice day trip would be to head east on that highway over White Pass. Stop at Naches or go further and check out the fruit stands. Lots of local products for sale. The trip over the pass is very scenic.

Reactions: GON
Yup, I kayak at Riffe.

Those F-250/350 are in the top 5 of stolen autos in Portland, a couple of my friends trucks were stolen. I don’t know why they are easily taken?

Truck sold for $10,400 before fees, with fees likely 11,300. Truck sold to a Buyer out of Monteray, MX. Reserve on the truck was $8500. Also a last minute bidder out of North Dakota help raise the price on the truck well beyond reserve.

I was able to take a second look at the truck. Engie appeared to run fine, but I was unable to get pressure in the cooling system, but nothing that reflected a head gasket leak, etc. Under the oil fill cap was squeaky clean. The trans fluid had no abnormal coloring or smell.

One will have to rewire the entertainment system and the HVAC controls. I suspect nothing to hard.

For note, my limit was $8450 before fees. I did run the bid up to $10,350. Sure the guy in Monteray was not so happy with me. The bidder out of North Dakota was a pro- he was able to know about the extended time and bid with under a second before the electronic gavel dropped, numerous times.

I think at $11,300 the Buyer did very well, unless there is an issue I could not find. The fifth wheel and tailgate together are nice to have for someone in need of that configuration.

Could a told ya that....oh wait, I did.:ROFLMAO:
Reserve was $8400 and most vehicles don't make reserve. If this was a 4WD, I can see hitting 5 figures. For a RWD, gas engine, and a fifth wheel, buyer pool gets shrunk.

USAA was the Seller, and they are stingy on the reserves. $8400 was the salvage value IMHO, at five figures this turns into a gamble, primarily because of RWD.

I was the high bidder yesterday on a MB. My high bid was $1600. Reserve is $3100. USAA was the Seller.

If it wouldn't build pressure in the cooling system, something has to be wrong somewhere. No way it shouldn't build pressure to specification.

You will hate the 6.2. who ordered a truck like that without a diesel?
I have a 2007 F350, reg cab, RWD, 5.4l-3V that I purchased new. I have done a dozen or so cross country moves with that truck, towing a fully loaded dual axle trailer with a seven foot ceiling. The truck did and does just fine with the 5.4L. Not sexy, and I have to take my time on mountain inclines, but had that same truck come with the diesel it would be in the junkyard years ago.

The diesel is awesome for someone with deep pockets. But the diesel is a super nice luxury for most, and except for people towing certain loads (like a excavator), not always needed or the best match. But one gets to brag they have a diesel.....

If it wouldn't build pressure in the cooling system, something has to be wrong somewhere. No way it shouldn't build pressure to specification.
97K,

Yes, but I just didn't see any sign of engine being the reason for low coolant. Exhaust was clean, engine oil fill cap underside was spotless, and the engine did not overheat (but wasn't tested under a load). The big concern was why red coolant. Stop leak made orange that color? Guy just had Asian coolant and decided to use it? Anyone's guess.

You will hate the 6.2. who ordered a truck like that without a diesel?
Whoever doesn't want to spend $2,000 to replace the fuel injection pump, $3,000 to replace the turbo, or $4,000 to replace a set of injectors. Any modern diesel out of warranty is a money pit, and even in warranty, they will deny an engine related failure saying fuel contamination.

Reserve was $8400 and most vehicles don't make reserve. If this was a 4WD, I can see hitting 5 figures. For a RWD, gas engine, and a fifth wheel, buyer pool gets shrunk.

USAA was the Seller, and they are stingy on the reserves. $8400 was the salvage value IMHO, at five figures this turns into a gamble, primarily because of RWD.

I was the high bidder yesterday on a MB. My high bid was $1600. Reserve is $3100. USAA was the Seller.
The insurance auction has bidders from all over the world. Maybe half of them would prefer RWD as something less to go wrong. Retail value might be $18-20K if it was clean title, maybe $15K with the salvage.

The insurance auction has bidders from all over the world. Maybe half of them would prefer RWD as something less to go wrong. Retail value might be $18-20K if it was clean title, maybe $15K with the salvage.
F350s are ty[ically not on the shopping list of international buyers.

A RWD truck is a hard sell used, and even harder with a rebuilt title. I went to sell my then Pristine regular cab 2007 F350 RWD, one owner, and full maintenance records- I could not give that truck away.

Consumers buy what they want- not what they need or best matches for their use. Can't be "ccol" with a RWD truck going to the mall.

Except that one ton trucks are mostly for business users or as RV haulers, neither of which require 4x4 in most cases.
Fleet owners buy RWD, very small business owners will buy a new or used 4WD. RV haulers, regardless of requirements will buy a 4WD much more often than not.

A car salesman will have empty pockets if he sells what a customer needs. His pockets will be full if he sells what a customer wants.

Almost nobody that wants a used Super Duty wants an RWD.

We have one where I work. Every one that drives it including me hates it. It's a miserable truck to drive. Every hill makes the thing down shift and rev to the moon but loses speed anyway.
That’s 360 degree opposite of my 2018 6.2

I just looked at the posted forum you posted
After reading the post
Your opinion about the Ford 6.2 is……hmmm
Doesn’t care a lot of weight after what I read

Your work truck has a 10 speed tranny
Your truck weighs 7500 plus pounds
Empty
If you think it’s not gonna down shift on an incline when gears 7 thru 10 are basically overdrive gears
Then
You your kidding yourself

And hey
Learn how to use the manual mode
It works wonders !!
👍👍👍👍

Back