Today's salvage vehicle- stolen 2014 FORD SUPER DUTY F-350 SRW RWD

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Came across this 2014 FORD SUPER DUTY F-350 SRW RWD stolen (recovered) pickup going to auction in Portland this Thursday.

I currently haul a Featherlite gooseneck trailer (7500 gross weight), with a 2002 F350 V10 4.33 4wd, crew cab. The 2002 is getting tired, so if I would come across a replacement I would consider it. My 2002 would likely sell for about 9-10k. I don't need 4wd.

The only issue with this truck is it has a fifth wheel setup. Concern is what was being towed with the 6.2L. Engine and trans could be tired if towed a heavy lowed, especially in the Pacific Northwest. Seller is USAA.

My high bid is $7500 (8500 out the door)and I am not motivated, so no raise in the bid from me. Auction is two days away, so I suspect I will not even be the highest pre-bidder, but one never knows. In Oregon, the public can bid on salvage vehicles, so competition is dealers and retail buyers. Has a salvage title, so a bit of a pain to get converted
resizer (11).jpg
to a rebuilt title.

6.2s were good engines. Just like any of the OHC modular engines, they need to rev to do their thing. These engines rack up crazy mileage as the 4.6/5.4/6.8 2 valve engines did. The 6 speed trans is nice. I'll bet it does just as good if not better than your V10 due to having more gears.

Last edited:
Hmm I'd be curious to see what the underside looks like. Years ago a neighbor had his Nissan Titan stolen when they first came out. The outside looked fine, but the underside showed it had clearly been offroad and jumped a few medians.

I am curious to find out why this has a salvage title?
PT,

I think each state has different standards for salvage. In Washington, this would be a "clear" title to the best of my knowledge (stolen vehicle without major damage).

A supplementary example is the California "clear" titled vehicle being sold at auction in Oregon. The Seller is an on-line car buyer. If sold in Oregon, the title might be forced to be salvage titled, which would then require a inspection to be converted to rebuilt. Yet the title is currently clear, and likely would stay clear in 49 of the 50 states. And the funniest part is Oregon is the easiest state to convert a salvage title to a rebuilt title.

If it was stolen has some of the starting wiring been altered/damaged? How do they steal these beasts?
That is a great question. I see a lot of not easy to steal vehicles stolen, then recovered, often with a key.

I speculate that many vehicles stolen of this nature are stolen by the owner, a family member, or an acquaintance of the owner. Just speculation.

This vehicle has the stereo apparently removed (pictures imply that), and aftermarket rims. Who puts aftermarket rims on a RWD pickup used for fifth wheel towing. The tires on this truck are brutal (all terrain) another mismatch for a vehicle used for hauling a heavy trailer.

PT,

I think each state has different standards for salvage. In Washington, this would be a "clear" title to the best of my knowledge (stolen vehicle without major damage).

A supplementary example is the California "clear" titled vehicle being sold at auction in Oregon. The Seller is an on-line car buyer. If sold in Oregon, the title might be forced to be salvage titled, which would then require a inspection to be converted to rebuilt. Yet the title is currently clear, and likely would stay clear in 49 of the 50 states. And the funniest part is Oregon is the easiest state to convert a salvage title to a rebuilt title.

That seems reasonable. Insurance companies are getting hit hard by all the stolen vehicles. I am guessing here but the majority of owners will not want the vehicle back even if recovered. They have no idea what happened while it was out of their view. Many stolen vehicles are used in crimes.

Just in our area we average 81 vehicles stolen every day. It’s unreal.

Back