Interesting vehicle up for auction low mileage 2019 F350 dually salvage

Passenger rear fender has some damage, might be unrelated to the left cab. I bet a trailer jackknifed. Looks repairable to me.

Reactions: GON
It's deja vu all over again
I likely will pass because of the red color.....

Although I don't know the history- imagine being a hotshot and buying that truck for under $45k. Don't fix the body, simply seal the side and rear openings. What a ride for a hotshot for under $45k. Being Oregon salvage, no inspection required to convert to rebuilt title. Only issue- not sure if truck will pass a roadside DOT inspection because of body damage.

My thoughts matched yours. But the tailgate is damage free as is the inside and outside of the driver side bed. I guess the gooseneck could have gone forward and caused that impact while leaving the tailgate and left side of the bed untouched, but seems unlikely.

I know with my 5th wheel, the first thing the trailer would contact if the truck and trailer jackknifed, would be the pillar where this truck is damaged.

• Helpful
Yes, it was originally manufactured for and sold in Canada. Lots of these trucks end up coming back to the US to be sold on the used market. When I last shopped for a truck, you could often find dealers that had many of these trucks for sale on the used market...
My old 17 came out of Canada.

Looks like a decent truck. Someone can fix that

If anyone wants to know where the bids are coming from. I think I may have bid against the bidder from North Dakota a few times on some trucks. We seem to target the same trucks.

With the bid not ending until Thursday, this truck will be going much higher. Transport cost of this truck to North Dakota or Kentucky could easily be $2-$3 a mile. Will be expensive to get home for some.

$23,025ND (Not You)Sat, October 07 at 09:54:55 AM
$23,000AK (Not You)Sat, October 07 at 09:54:55 AM
$22,975AK (Not You)Sat, October 07 at 09:54:55 AM
$22,525ND (Not You)Fri, October 06 at 09:54:32 PM
$22,500KY (Not You)Fri, October 06 at 09:54:32 PM
$22,475KY (Not You)Fri, October 06 at 09:54:32 PM
$20,125ND (Not You)Fri, October 06 at 10:25:02 AM
$20,100Mexico (Not You)Fri, October 06 at 10:25:02 AM
$20,075ND (Not You)Fri, October 06 at 10:25:02 AM
$20,025Mexico (Not You)Fri, October 06 at 10:24:16 AM

But if my local salvage yard was parting that out there’s $750,000 worth of parts at their pricing
The headlights likely could sell for well over $1,000 each. The mirrors $750 each. The interior over $5,000 (king ranch interior with under 45k miles). Each taillight $500 each. That is an effortless $11,000 right off the bat. The interior might take a few months to move for top dollar, but the other items will sell in a few days on Ebay.

What is a 6.7l diesel engine with 45k miles hat someone can take a video of it running worth? I don't know but I suspect big $$$$.

Parting this truck out is of course another option.

With everything being done online these days, it doesn't really matter where you're physically located. Plus, he may just be LICENSED in ND.
ND, both in shear numbers and per capita, doesn't attract or retain the crowd that seeks hookers/gambling/cocaine, which is more likely than not what many of the brokers spend some if not almost all of their profits on.

My pure speculation is that a shop in ND rebuilds these for the locals. He has a low-cost operation, may very well own his land/ shop free and clear. He targets certain trucks that he knows will rebuild nicely. He is a known quantity to the locals ---his clientele is frugal and knows that if he fixes it, the truck is good to go.

Every transaction I have done reference motor vehicles in North and South Dakota have been with down to earth straight shooters. Salt of the earth people in the Dakotas.

ND, both in shear numbers and per capita, doesn't attract or retain the crowd that seeks hookers/gambling/cocaine, which is more likely than not what many of the brokers spend some if not almost all of their profits on.

My pure speculation is that a shop in ND rebuilds these for the locals. He has a low-cost operation, may very well own his land/ shop free and clear. He targets certain trucks that he knows will rebuild nicely. He is a known quantity to the locals ---his clientele is frugal and knows that if he fixes it, the truck is good to go.

Every transaction I have done reference motor vehicles in North and South Dakota have been with down to earth straight shooters. Salt of the earth people in the Dakotas.
Gotta love these gross generalizations........another GONism

But if my local salvage yard was parting that out there’s $750,000 worth of parts at their pricing
I'm reminded of a Frank and Ernest newspaper comic c. 1974. They're at the parts counter in an auto dealership and one of them says "Amazing! American ingenuity allows them to build a $2000 car out of $6000 worth of parts."

The $2000 might have bought a stripped Vega or Pinto, but I bet individual parts would have been more like $20K.

Auction completed on the dually. Winning bid $34,400 USD before fees. With auction fees, $37,278.

This is a indicator of what the market is. This is a popular, high dollare item. The auction selling price suggets still high demand for big dollar diesel trucks.....

Gotta love these gross generalizations........another GONism

I don’t think he is that far off. If a farmer or rancher can save some money on a truck that is going to see work then why not? It’s financially sensible.

Back