Hi bidder at $25 USD on this fifth wheel RV trailer.

@BHopkins , great question. I think to learn. I have been lightly looking at fifth wheel travel trailers, and am more than a bit overwhelmed seeing if they are a match for me, understanding the design and quality issues.

What I find indirectly intriguing on this trailer is that is was insured by State farm, and that unlike bumper pulls, a fifth wheel is hard to steal. The risk I see with this trailer is simply water, Portland is moisture rich. The bio-hazard of course can be blood or human waste, or it can be a bag of fast food that was left in the trailer half eaten.
Portland ? I’ll take used needles for $100, Alex …

There are many RV parks that won't even let that thing in the front gate. And the ones that would you wouldn't want to live there.....
What would be the reason for this? Is there some type of manufacturer age limit?

Wow, I can't believe the amount of people ragging on that thing for such a low price.

I have no idea how much work or money would be involved in fixing that thing up, but I can certainly see how it might not be worth it.

How much would that thing be worth if it was driven right to a scrap yard?

What would be the reason for this? Is there some type of manufacturer age limit?
Yes, it's becoming more and more common at campgrounds. Many have rule of 10 years or newer to enter the park.

I've read that there usually is some leeway if the unit is in nice condition, but you can't always count on it.

Many RV Parks have an age limit of ten years. It's really selectable enforcement. If you roll in with a nice well kept 10 year old "Class A" it will not be mentioned. If you roll in with a 10 year old (plus) piece of garbage it will be enforced.

Wow, I can't believe the amount of people ragging on that thing for such a low price.
RV roofs leak very easily even when maintained. At this age the odds of this having major structural damage to the roof, walls and floor have to be very high being in Portland where it rains once in a while they say. Then there are 2 slides that probably don't work correctly that are not exactly easy fixes then there's the trashed interior then electrical and plumbing, HVAC, and on. This is hundreds of hours of work to make usable.

GON might have met his match. :oops:

Last edited:
Sounds like $310 since that would be the overall cost just to get this RV back home. The problem with this RV that I seen through the link is the damaged slide out. It's allowed water intrusion so definitely water damaged. Get your tools & mask ready to tackle this one. I'm not going to claim impossible but this is going to be much more cost to get it anywhere near a livable condition. Let us know how it goes either way. This RV is past its useful condition IMO. If you want to tow it with your Super Duty you'll need to probably raise the RV suspension.

Last edited:

I have no idea how much work or money would be involved in fixing that thing up, but I can certainly see how it might not be worth it.

How much would that thing be worth if it was driven right to a scrap yard?
The rub is many "auto parts" junk yards will not accept RVs. There are gasses in the Refrigerator that need to be recaptured. Many times it's ammonia.

quote-Basically, your RV refrigerator takes two liquids, ammonia and water, and separates them using the distillation process. The boiler assembly heats the two liquids in the refrigerator holding tank. The ammonia is the refrigerant, and the water simply transports it. Just as salt dissolves in water, ammonia is soluble in water as well, and it has a lower boiling point than water. Your refrigerator boiler separates the ammonia from the water the same way the moonshine still separates the alcohol from the grain mash. Circulating through the cooling system, the ammonia cools the refrigerator by evaporation, and then the ammonia and water recombine to start the whole process over again.

Last edited:
If its absolutely too bad, light the top half on fire. Whats left haul to the scrap metal yard. At least your making money, compared to driving off the RV lot with a new one and depreciation is about half what you paid.

/edit. This was sarcasm lest anyone is confused. Don't light your RV on fire.

Last edited:
This thing just might become fodder for an RV Demolition Derby if there are any coming up in your area, in case you end up winning it.
You know I've been watching a lot of those RV derby videos on YT the last couple years. It's fun to watch.

Full of mold, mildew including black mold. You would have to fumigate it with formaldehyde.

For State Farm not to counter offer my high bid suggests the appraiser from Satet Farm believes the vehicle had significantly more value than $25. Not that it did, but the assessment from the appraiser suggested there was value.

I am relieved simply because I didn't need another project the involved taking up space and exposure to rain. If I lived in Arizona and was @AZjeff next door neighbor, I would have tried much harder to win the rv, and parked it in the yard until I had time to get to it.

What gets me is someone still had full coverage on it when it got in this condition. Maybe they were still making payments!

Is State Farm on the hook for parking & storage fees at this auction house? Maybe they should burn it down.

You could tow it to a fish restaurant parking lot and solve crimes out of it. $200 a day, plus expenses.

Back