2015 F350 Super Duty at auction today

Getting there. Not a great fit for the driver door, but I suspect I can revisit it myself at a later time.
PXL_20230110_200104243.jpg
PXL_20230110_200129428.jpg

Stout truck, hope you can get the door to seal tight. Did you thin the fleet to make room for it?
Azj,

I actually have a one way plane ticket paid for, departing Thursday morning, for vehicle at auction tomorrow. If I win the auction tomorrow, I will fly out Thursday and pick it up. I also have vehicle targeted for auction in Thursday in California.

I might need to join AA. Auto anonymous. Being home for six weeks, and some unusual good buys at auction , have been a crazy situation.

Body shop completed the work. I am out of the USA, so had a friend
pickup the truck. I don't know the quality of the work, but if the body shop did poor work, I will do it myself at a later time.

Only issue I am tracking now is the driver window is not working. Body shop reported this to me. Body shop stated connectors from old door to replacement door are different. I am not sweating this.

Next step is to get the title migrated from salvage to rebuilt.
4186029450440716743.jpg

Hasty update, arrived back to Seattle very early this morning.

Went to look at the truck. The work is not perfect, nor did I pay or expect perfect work. But everything works just fine. To the untrained eye, everything is good to go.

I am overall very happy with this purchase. It was not a grand slam, but a home run, for my needs yes. For about $12k all in, a F350 with 98k miles, one owner, eight foot bed, towing package (truck was never towed), equipped exactly how I like it. If unabused used trucks were readily available, this deal might not have been as sweet. But for a little more than sales tax on a new F350, I have a truck that needs nothing but a really good detail, and a oil change- that is ready to tow a trailer across the USA, without a worry.

Picture was taken earlier today at the local Ford dealer. I ordered a new left door kick plate. If this was a crew cab, the kick plate would likely be in stock. Super cabs are somewhat rare, so I had to order and wait for delivery of the plate .

PXL_20230325_222541747.jpg

Back