What oil are you folks using?

Going forward I'll be using M1 0W-20 EP. Ran through my stash of M1 AFE. I have 4 cars. 3 use the same oil and filter. My odd car was using Amsoil either AFL or EFM but I bought a stash of M1 0W-40 from Costco. My other 3 cars, '14 CR-V, '18 Legacy and '19 Impreza will be using M1 EP for the time being. THe Impreza is still using dealer fill and the Legacy used the last of my AFE.

I don't think they put a lot of research and thought into it when they picked that name. It sounds like an Asian motherboard/computer parts manufacturer from the 90s. It doesn't exactly convey the message of quality. Anyway, just like your opinion is that there is nothing wrong with the name "SuperTech", I'm entitled to mine, my point being that I don't think that back when they came up with it they put a lot of thought into it. It just sounds cheesy, that's all.
I remember when it used to be called Tech2000 back in the day.

That doesn't seem to be the case where I live. Besides, when it comes to saving money I really don't care about the difference in store and employees appearance.
I save buying in bulk at Costco. Can't do that at Wal-mart.

Costco: cleaner stores and helpful, energetic employees that care.

There's no such thing at Wal-mart. You're lucky to find an employee, besides one wanting to help you.

I've shopped at Wal-mart's and Costco's all over the USA and Canada -- the differences are stark.

I was wondering about this today while donating platelets. For folks that own a TGDI, TDI and or turbo vehicle like the Eco Boost; what oils are you folks using and how long of a OCI are you running? Have a wonderful weekend folks and stay cool 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍻☮️
My wife's Mazda cx-9 2.5t has rgt 5w30 with an oem filter.
My old truck has 90% Castrol high mileage with some Valvoline afs (both 5w30) as top off oil with the orange can

Wife's 3.5 Flex EB....Schaeffer 9000 5w-30. Will be running their 5w-40 next change in June or so. ~7500 mile OCI.
UOAs will be posted in about 1-1/2 years.

I was wondering about this today while donating platelets. For folks that own a TGDI, TDI and or turbo vehicle like the Eco Boost; what oils are you folks using and how long of a OCI are you running? Have a wonderful weekend folks and stay cool 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍻☮️
My cousin owns a 2017 NAVI with the 3.5 Eco-Boost. He changes the oil every 5K miles with PYB 5W30 and a MC FL-500S oil filter.

My wife's Mazda cx-9 2.5t has rgt 5w30 with an oem filter.
My old truck has 90% Castrol high mileage with some Valvoline afs (both 5w30) as top off oil with the orange can
I forgot but the Mazda is on a 5k oci. Mostly because it's cheaper for me to change it then it is for a uoa when I got 5 jugs of rgt for $15 each.
The 96 Ford is anywhere from 4-5k depending on time of the year, and when I feel like it 😅.

Dominator RD30 + Mopar filter on a '62 Max Wedge Savoy
ZRT10w30 + Mopar filter on a '68 340 Barracuda
ZRT 10w30 + Mopar fiter on an '81 W150
AME 15w40 + Donaldson Synteq on a compound turbo '91 Cummins powered W250
AME15w40 + Donaldson Synteq on a '92 W250
HDD 5w30 + Mopar filter on an '01 Kenne Bell'd 408 Ram
HDD 5w30 + Mopar filter on an '03 Liberty

2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited with 2.0L turbo. Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30, change when OLM hits 0% or 1 year whichever comes first, as per the owners manual.
the first and only guy on bitog to go 0%on the olm.
i salute you strong character human.😃

Back