First store brand oil you used?

Happy Friday BITOGERS 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍻

For me it would have to be Ames brand 10w30 in a 89’ Cutlass Ciera “tech 4” iron block me iron cylinder head engine. Loved that car. After our Ames closed I used some Tech 2000 oil. Lately it’s been some SM Harvest King 5w40, and Traveller 5w20.

Yeah I have 36 quarts of dexos2 5W-40, 18 quarts of 0W-40, and 8 gallons of HDEO 5W-40 left in the Carquest stash. 🤣

Are either of those ATFs good for T-WS?
Dex VI would be the closest.

Interestingly, the Walmart Dex Vi says you can use it in Toyota WS

Tech 2000.

Got a quart of 30 weight for my $99 B&S mower I used in a summer job.

I then moved on to getting 4 quarts of 10w30 for $.74/qt and a STP filter for $1.97, both bought at wally world in July 1999 for my Mazda 323, my first car, my first self-performed OCI. Used my girlfriend (now wifes) dad's house, drain pan, and jack stands.

I figured since the T2k had the API certs it was good enough, and it was! Car felt like it ran smoother with the new oil in it. Transmission went out before I had a chance to change it again. :(

Supertech Synthetic in the 90's when it started meeting GM 4718M.for High Performance Engines. I used it in s 1988 Corvette L98 and a 1996 Corvette LT4.

Probably super tech. During college I did go with one of my buddies who was a mechanic and would use tech 2000 in his old camaro for 2k intervals. Knowing what I know now, I should have used the same oil as well. But, oil was much more reasonably priced back then.

Last edited:
Back