Harvest King/ “providence oil” users check in

So, we all know the name of Rural Kings oil changes all the time. How many of you folks use their store brand oil? I use it cause I don’t care to deal with Wal Mart. Especially having a 475 quart stash now as work was throwing out some MOPAR Mad Pro SM 5w20 cases of oil 😁

I use the Harvest King, “providence” oil cause it’s cheap and friends and family don’t mind me using it. Only vehicles I don’t use it in is Mercedes/BMW/VW

They have several full synthetic viscosities that are Dexos approved, which at $10-15/5qt is a great value. Have used it a number of times. We currently have a 2021 Tahoe and I plan to use it going forward, when I run out of D1G2 oil that is already on my shelf.

Last edited:
I'm currently running Harvest King 5W-30 Conventional in my 05 Terraza. It was burning 1 quart per 1000 on Quaker State conventional but it seems to be burning less running the Harvest King. Maybe a quart in 2000.

True ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Warren Oil makes that Providence oil. .

Good oils.

I'd go to RK if one was near me.

I use it in many of our vehicles. The only ones that don't get it are the vehicles with a history showing the brand and viscosity the previous owner used. I just stick with what they used if its still available.

oil is oil as long as it meets required certs. i laugh at the wasted money on boutique oils and fluids. no fleet runs boutique oils!!! fleets do run the most miles and abuse their vehicles the most.
Try some boutique tranny fluid, there is a difference.

I used Harvest King all the time in the CR-V, and I plan to stock up on more of it when I get through my current stash of other oils

I'm currently using Amsoil there is zero difference to me over the OEM gear oil. How much longer will it last well I wouldn't venture a guess.
Lot of guys on bitog using the SS ATF love it and swear by it. I've had it in my tranny for quite a while now. Shifts are smoother and sooner, less drag than the WS. Really noticeable difference on cold days. Are you using their top tier gear oil? There's more than one line of gear oil.

Lot of guys on bitog using the SS ATF love it and swear by it. I've had it in my tranny for quite a while now. Shifts are smoother and sooner, less drag than the WS. Really noticeable difference on cold days. Are you using their top tier gear oil? There's more than one line of gear oil.
This is what I'm using in my Manual transmission.

AMSOIL.jpg

I used a lot of conventional Harvest King in my 99 Volvo S70. Used to get it on sale for $9.59/jug or something like that. That car is gone now, but I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to use the HK Dexos 5w30 in my Sierra, if it was the cheapest deal whenever I need oil...

In 2015 they branded it "RK." I bought 5 single quarts of RK 0W-20 then in western Kentucky while visiting there, and used it a few months later, uneventfully. To my knowledge, there's no Rural King near where I live.

Back