First store brand oil you used?

Thrifty Drugs. :D
1644005195203.jpg

1644005125766.jpg

Sears brand in the 1970s/80s.
STP when it was sold at Dart Drug in the 1980s. Not really a store brand, but autoparts places didn't carry it as I recall.

I don’t think I ever used Supertech motor oil in a vehicle. I did use their 2 cycle and gear oil in my outboard. Harvest King synthetic is the first I ever used in an engine. I figured since it was Dexos approved it was probably OK.

Happy Friday BITOGERS 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍻

For me it would have to be Ames brand 10w30 in a 89’ Cutlass Ciera “tech 4” iron block me iron cylinder head engine. Loved that car. After our Ames closed I used some Tech 2000 oil. Lately it’s been some SM Harvest King 5w40, and Traveller 5w20.
1980, was Mobil1. for my first bike, a used Kawasaki Z1000.

I went to every AAP on my area looking for this and nobody would sell it clearance pricing.
That's wild. I went to one store and offered $2/ quart for all of it when it was still marked at 4ish.

And the second store didn't want to price match but did after a few phone calls.

Agway, NAPA, or Co-Op. All three were in my small town 50 years ago, and I know I used each of them, but none of them since 1979 or so. I don't remember which was first.

Either Supertech HD30 or 10W-30 for a lawn mower. While not the store brand, I think I bought a bottle of Accel Non Detergent straight 30 from Walmart that I mixed with some mineral spirits to toss on bike chains when I was a teenager.

I remember my dad letting me pour the oil in his car when I was a little kid ( early 90s). It was trak auto store brand. 20w50, I think it said TRX and “ made for small engines” it was a red and white bottle I believe. I’ve never seen it since

Gotta admit I used Supertech from Wally world in like 2002.

One time only that time.

Now since then .... Napa and Federated Auto full synthetic oil. Ahh Carquest full synthetic too.

Back