What oil are you folks using?

Well Adam you know I run what on sale and preferably with a rebate. I usually don't worry as much about miles as October and April which generally winds up being 5500 to 7154 miles. Never have gotten a written complaint from the Corolla yet and at a little over 141K miles regardless of the oil it always uses less than a half quart.

Yeah Johnny I believe you ran Castrol Edge EP and had a decent UOA correct? I’m trying to stop worrying bout what goes in the “baby blue Camry” and use what’s cheapest since I have consumption issues

2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited with 2.0L turbo. Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30, change when OLM hits 0% or 1 year whichever comes first, as per the owners manual.

I’m currently running M1 AP that I got at a fair price at Wally’s in the early spring. The Mazda seems to
Like it. I’ll probably go with EP next year since it takes me that long to get 5000 miles on it.

I use what ever proper rated major brand oils are on sale in My 2015 2.7 eco p/u. at the time of the oil change at around 5,000 miles. I do about 8,000 miles per year,,,, 2015 model year with 43,590 miles

I am running Redline 5w-30 Euro in my lowered 2018 Hyundai Kona AWD 1.6T. The first oil that has stopped my summer fuel dilution problem. I am flabbergasted oil choice matters. I know I wont be that lucky in the winter months.

I am running Redline 5w-30 Euro in my lowered 2018 Hyundai Kona AWD 1.6T. The first oil that has stopped my summer fuel dilution problem. I am flabbergasted oil choice matters. I know I wont be that lucky in the winter months.
Does the lowered part make the oil choice different? I have never lowered a vehicle. Though I put a lift kit on a 1999 F 250 for my neighbor.

This is all I run in all my vehicles.
PZ-Platinum-API-950x1000.jpeg

I had a stash of VWB and Valvoline syn power. Next items in the stash are Pennzoil Ultra which will take me over 2+ years to use up. Once those are done, might give Kirkland synthetic a try.

I'll probably no longer buy conventional since the sale prices on full synthetic has been pretty good of you time sales and rebates.

Always use Fram Ultra filters for the past 2+ years (on multiple OCI). I haven't seen any compelling information here to switch to a different filter unless I was worried about price.

PP and OEM filter for the 2019 Kia Sorento and whatever brand name (normally ST because it's cheapest) synth with OEM filter for 2003 Corolla.

The BITOG taboo special - Royal Purple. Across 4 vehicles. 5000-7500 miles (depending on vehicle) or 1 year, whatever is first. Only one of these vehicles get to 7500 at around a year, and everything else not even 5000 miles. HMX 10w30 in the LS1 Vette and 5w-30 both Toyotas, and API 5w-20 in the Hemi Jeep. I like the high TBN of HMX being over 10, and the API stuff is almost a 9. Also firmly believe it keeps engine noises (piston slap, lifter noise) to a minimum compared to other popular syn. oils I've used. I'm eager to try different oils, but simultaneously want to stick with 1 brand.

Well Adam you know I run what on sale and preferably with a rebate. I usually don't worry as much about miles as October and April which generally winds up being 5500 to 7154 miles. Never have gotten a written complaint from the Corolla yet and at a little over 141K miles regardless of the oil it always uses less than a half quart.
Didn't know your Corolla met OP's criteria.

Back