First store brand oil you used?

First oil I purchased at a store rather than a service station was Arco Graphite at the local Ames. All metal can. First truly store branded oil was Supertech at Wally. Paper can with metal ends.

wasn’t sears Spectrum oil a Warrens brand?
Towards the end, it was a Warren Distribution packaged oil in most places. I can also remember Coastal Oil packaging it for a bit.

I am sure it is like the Walmart SuperTech brand in that it has a few different suppliers over the years and may have varied by region.

In the mid to later 2000's - I owned a mid 90's Saturn SL2 and was rocking SuperTech 5W30 synthetic at the time. That little 1.9L "only" burned a qt every 4K miles, which was extremely good for a Saturn 1.9L DOHC of the time.

Did not have bad experience with that store bought oil and would use it again today if needed.

Sears Spectrum.jpg

Pemex (petroleros mexicanos) monograde oil in the old metal can from the pemex gas station is the earliest store brand i can recall.

Happy Friday BITOGERS 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍻

For me it would have to be Ames brand 10w30 in a 89’ Cutlass Ciera “tech 4” iron block me iron cylinder head engine. Loved that car. After our Ames closed I used some Tech 2000 oil. Lately it’s been some SM Harvest King 5w40, and Traveller 5w20.
Probably Tech 2000 in my old '91 Cavalier. I kinda wish I still had that thing but it probably didn't survive much longer after I traded it away in 1999 with 160k on the clock.

Quaker state 5w30 in a 1985 Isuzu I mark hatchback I had. As a teen 1992.first oil change myself was a fram orange can and Quaker state 1995 as a 20 year old.

Back