What oil are you folks using?

Schaeffer's 5w20 in the 2015 Ford Escape

Schaeffer's 10w30 in the supercharged Mustang

Supertech 5w30 in the 340,000 mile 96' Crown Victoria

19 Subaru Impreza Valvoline full synthetic 0w-20 w/Purolator boss
18 Honda Clarity PHEV Valvoline full synthetic 0w-20 w/Purolator boss
17 Toyota Rav4 hybrid Valvoline Modern Engine 0w-20 w/Purolator boss

Slickery and gooey I had that problem before.. just not with a car engine.

we need more reaction emoticons.. I have no idea what to even say to that post.

on topic: I use PP 5w30 in my Jeep TGDI 2.0L it meets the required ms-13340 spec. Usually use fram ultra filters. about 4000-5000 or aprox 3x a year.
it gets short tripped all winter 2 miles. with some longer weekend drives.

The elantra port injected 2L gets whatever i have around 5w20 or 5w30 with oem filter. 2x year. or @aprox 5000-6500 miles
I'm sorry you have no concept on how to humanly and tactilely assess how an engine responds to a particular motor oil. Or maybe its not important to you. Maybe it is splitting hairs that don't need splitting. My UOA seem to indicate that "slickery" or "gooey" make no difference. Maybe you would prefer the terms "weightless" or "overly viscous" But a good automotive professional listens to his or his customer's engine - just as your PCP listens to your heart sound and chest sounds. And then possibly writes a prescription for improved quality of life and health.
- Ken

I'm sorry you have no concept on how to humanly and tactilely assess how an engine responds to a particular motor oil. Or maybe its not important to you. Maybe it is splitting hairs that don't need splitting. My UOA seem to indicate that "slickery" or "gooey" make no difference. Maybe you would prefer the terms "weightless" or "overly viscous" But a good automotive professional listens to his or his customer's engine - just as your PCP listens to your heart sound and chest sounds. And then possibly writes a prescription for improved quality of life and health.
- Ken

You must have the world's most advanced and precise butt-dyno. You should probably be on lease to F1 and NASCAR teams with those skills.

2012 F150 3.5 EB Rotella gas truck 5w30 with a Fram ultra

2017 Ford Explorer Sport 3.5 EB Motorcraft 5w30 with an Fl500s

Using VWB 5w-30 on the civic and caravan for this summer. Then I have some Valvoline synpower 5w-20 to use up first on the caravan before using my stash of PUP.

I don't own any DI engines but my parents have a Escape with the 1.6 ecoboost and been running Castrol Magnatec or Edge and I think one interval of Valvoline Modern syn about 4 to 5 k

My brother has an f150 with the 2.7 eco that he was using Magnatec in but recently switched to Havoline full syn 4 to 5 k

My dad recently bought a 2015 f150 with the 5.0 (is that a DI engine?) Which will be getting Castrol Magnatec or Edge or the remaining Valvoline Modern Syn

My 2016 Civic is the Earth Dreams 2.0L non-turbo GDI 4cyl. I’ve been running Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20 with a Honda A02 filter for 5,000 miles. The first owner followed the Maintenance Minder and used my dealership’s bulk synthetic 0W-20 (makes sense; they leased the car new).

My 2010 Odyssey has the old-fashioned PFI non-VCM 3.5L V6. I run Mobil 1 High Mileage 0W-20 or 5W-20 with a Honda A02 filter for 5,000 miles.

Nice and simple.

Schaeffer's 5w20 in the 2015 Ford Escape

Schaeffer's 10w30 in the supercharged Mustang

Supertech 5w30 in the 340,000 mile 96' Crown Victoria

Where do you buy Schaeffer's from? Amazon's prices are ridiculous for that motor oil. I'd like to try it :)

2006 Toyota Tacoma 4 cyl, 2010 Ford Focus, 2015 Ford F150 2.7 and 2018 Ford F350 6.2 gas all have Rotella Gas Truck because at $2.00 per qt plus the rebate I can't think of a better oil.

Back