What is/was your fav motorcycle(s)?

Does not matter who is at fault on a bike you are the one that going to get hurt, injured for life like myself....or dead.

I liked every bike I've owned. But a few of my favorites are: 1990 ZX-11 and 2000 Hayabusa (still have) ... both were high water mark bikes when they came out. First road bike I had is a 1976 RD400 which I still have but hasn't been ran for years (I know, a shame). Favorite bike today is the 2016 XSR900 60th Anniversary model.

I'm not an experienced rider, and have only owned a couple - one was a late 60s Honda Trail 90 as a kid and the other a mid 80's Honda 750 Interceptor. Of the two, I gotta say, I enjoyed riding the Trail 90 way, way more. I came to the conclusion right away that the Interceptor was a stupid bike for a first street bike and I never rode it much. I felt it was unstable at parking lot speeds and the throttle was really touchy and I found it hard to ease on the gas.

Does not matter who is at fault on a bike you are the one that going to get hurt, injured for life like myself....or dead.

I'm not an experienced rider, and have only owned a couple - one was a late 60s Honda Trail 90 as a kid and the other a mid 80's Honda 750 Interceptor. Of the two, I gotta say, I enjoyed riding the Trail 90 way, way more. I came to the conclusion right away that the Interceptor was a stupid bike for a first street bike and I never rode it much. I felt it was unstable at parking lot speeds and the throttle was really touchy and I found it hard to ease on the gas.
Sometime the best bike is not always the fastest or most expensive but thr one you had the most fun on....I would say my Suzuki TS185 and Yamaha XT 500 would be in a tie for my fav bikes...

56xPSJcbHSEKe0JT4DvCF-Edjsr3d6Aqkrq_co7_L7XiHDSte2rMe26ZXPMslGelt_Yi_aLUAiOMcRHDvKm_5QYj8tUdmfwACdURTlgC1pApYuQFRzYY4CtwBniku6HiWsE2BlpsNG6PPMlCSLJ-DKH7ih_YUSpJjQ
Yamaha%20IT%20490%20%201.JPG

Had a Z1 900 in high school that I really enjoyed. Had a nice Kerker header that sounded great. Also had a Original Suzuki 1982 Katana Gs1000sz, that I owned for over 20 years. Always drew a lot of attention.

Where to start....Jerry Stubbs sold Yazoo lawnmowers in Houston, and was the first in our area to sell Suzukis. My brother and I had a Sears moped (twist grip 2 speed!) and that Suzuki 50 was amazing compared to the Sears (Puch). Stubbs is one of the larger HD Dealers now. All sorts of Honda 90 S90. Anyway, Dad and I built a chopper in 1970 from a junkyard 51 Panhead. Learned a lot. Respoked wheels, paint, wiring, etc. Made the mistake of chasing My bros H1 and destroyed the old reliable motor. Hey, I was only 17.....Then 74 Z1 was such a great bike... Tried a Connie years later, I could not believe that buzzy beast was even related. Norton 850 that ran great but had trouble finding parts for back then, a CBX that was way ahead of it's brakes. Now riding a 99 Valkyrie, a great road bike. On the dirt had all the usual suspects, lately a KTM 250 2-smoke till knee replacement, then a great Yamaha 4 stroke TTR 250 with electric starter. Heavy but fast.

Attachments

• My 1951 Panhead (1970) 002.jpg
    My 1951 Panhead (1970) 002.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Valk and planeIMG_20140501_140649_426.jpg
    Valk and planeIMG_20140501_140649_426.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 10
  • KTM pic's.jpg
    KTM pic's.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Concours 001.JPG
    Concours 001.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Goldwing 1979 GL 1000 001.JPG
    Goldwing 1979 GL 1000 001.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 9
Most of my bikes were small, from a YZ80 to Honda VF700F. My favorite was a cobbled together 1970-74 CB750. I loved the sound of those 4 pipes. I’ve got a semi restored ‘69 CB750 now but it’s too shiny, I can’t appreciate it.

Most of my bikes were small, from a YZ80 to Honda VF700F. My favorite was a cobbled together 1970-74 CB750. I loved the sound of those 4 pipes. I’ve got a semi restored ‘69 CB750 now but it’s too shiny, I can’t appreciate it.

Man, you have what is considered to be the first superbike. Get out and ride that classic, and you'll appreciate it. My first streetbike was a CB750F.

Man, you have what is considered to be the first superbike. Get out and ride that classic, and you'll appreciate it. My first streetbike was a CB750F.
Yeah the intention when I started rebuilding it was to make it a rider. I’ve saved some of the more valuable parts in boxes: Sandcast motor, covers, speedo, emblems.
I had a CB750F as well. Still got an NOS yellow tank and seat assy.
I did a trade with a restorer for more parts, like the 4-1 exhaust and he disappeared with my stuff.

A friend had a RD350 or 400 air cooled (I think) that he cut the neck off back in the days.. Too many friends of his flipped it LOL. Good grief.....

My favorite right now is my 2014 Road King, previously had a Suzuki c50 when I first started out riding, loved it, then moved up to a Yamaha VStar 1300, loved it. Now still hanging on to my 14 Road King but got the "itch" for something new.

Was/am considering a stripped down new Harley ElectraGlide OR one bike that always fascinated me to this day, that I would love to own as possibly my last bike is a Kawasaki Concours.

I would love to buy a new one, the price is right, just one issue, my wife. *L* First, she's a good wife *L*
Behind anything I want to do is cool with her but, we do ride 2up a lot together and she loves the Harley for comfort. I cant blame her.
With that said, we have taken sooooo many trips now that I am not sure if it will matter much if I just get my own "thing" ... where she may jump on the back once in a while.

If so, I think I would go out tomorrow and get the Concours 14 ... (this mornings thoughts) Love the simplicity on the Concours along with the price. Im not big on bikes loaded with luxuries I have no interest in and why I own a Road king. The Concours 14 to me is the perfect compromise for a simple sport tourer. I would buy one tomorrow.

I tell my friends that I wish I would have kept my 2004 ZRX1200. Now, thinking about it as I get older, I wish I had my 2003 GPZ550 :)

Lotsa bikes Honda 150 dream 350 & 450 750 . 1000nwing 1500 & goldwing 1800 many long trips. Sold it now a 07 yamaha 1300 v star but now Im 79 and time to sell it.jz.

Back