Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode a 1974 Suzuki TS-185 in my early high school years. I rode it to school and to the grocery store where I worked bagging groceries. Unfortunately it was stolen from my high school parking lot and I never saw it again.

So in the back of my mind I always thought I would get another TS-185 but the years went by and I have a wonderful wife and together we raised three great kids so slowly the memory of the old Suzuki faded. I have other bikes that keep me occupied and I really like BMWs.

Then I came across an ad on CL for a 1973 TS-185 that runs but has a locked up transmission.

2016-06-30%2022.19.52-L.jpg

Very fortunately we don't have to emission test our motorcycles here, the old 2-strokes would be exempt anyhow based on age. There is nothing I enjoy more then starting my collection of 2 stroke streetbikes (H2 750, RD 350 and a pair of RD 400's) and let them idle belching smoke at my tree hugging neighbors.

Hah! Smells like victory!

John.

Originally Posted By: 1foxracing
Very fortunately we don't have to emission test our motorcycles here, the old 2-strokes would be exempt anyhow based on age. There is nothing I enjoy more then starting my collection of 2 stroke streetbikes (H2 750, RD 350 and a pair of RD 400's) and let them idle belching smoke at my tree hugging neighbors.

That pic brings back fond memories. My uncle had a 185 suzuki that looked identical but his was silver. I was about 8 or 9 when he had his. I have been feeling rather nostalgic the last few weeks myself. I searched the web for pics of bikes i once owned and 2 bikes that my mom rode when i was in grade school.

Life sure was good back then.

Thanks for the replies and comments, fellas.

This bike really is a walk down nostalgia lane for me. I am looking forward to working on a simple bike.

After working on my BMW's it will be nice to pull a wrench and a pair of pliers out of my toolbox instead of vernier calipers and a twinmax.
grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back