What is/was your fav motorcycle(s)?

In my 63 years 'Ive had everything from a Suzuki TS 90 to a Harley SuperGlide and everything between....23 motorcycles in all.
My fav bikes would be 78 KZ650 ....even though i was almost killed on it i still like it.....rode all over AZ on it.
1979 Yamaha XT 500.....spent more time on the rear wheel than both tires.....Bought new in 81 as a leftover
1974 Suzuki GT 380 .....bought used with 2200 miles ....was a great light touring bike....never broke or left me on the side of the rode.....traded off with 14000 miles
1973 Suzuki TS 185 .....bought new in high school.....rode the crap out of it.....sold when i went to college with 8k hard miles

I've had 3, all bought brand new.

1994 Kawasaki EX250
1995 Kawasaki ZX-6E
2003 Kawasaki ZZR1200

The 1994 was just a learner bike, it served its purpose. The 1995 600 was by far my favorite. I regret selling it for the ZZR1200. The 1200 was nice, but stupid speeds were so easy that it was going to be nothing but trouble. The 600 was more fun to ride. Coupled with the loss of my riding partner (Dad) I gave up motorcycling in 2006. Not because he died on his bike, mainly because I lost interest and that 1200 was probably going to kill me at some point. So I walked away and started doing autocross and track events.

I did put close to 60,000 miles on that ZX6 though. 25,000 on the EX250, and 14,000 on the ZZR1200....the dumb things I can remember these days. Just don't ask me to remember what I had for breakfast.

I couldn't count the bikes I've had in 51 years of riding, only 3 were new, I still have one of them, and it was 4 years old when I got it. The stand out for me would be the 1964 Rickman Metisse - I used to watch the Rickmans at the scrambles as a kid in the '60's, and they were the best thing out there. 10 years later and they were hopelessly outclassed...I saw this one in one of it's last races, trundling along in last place being lapped by bikes half the capacity. I updated the engine to a '73 T100C and put it on the street. I did trail ride it, but my thing then and now is gravel roads, and the Rickman excelled there, unbelievable handling for me back then. I'd be a rich man to have one now...and yes, you can still buy them new.

Next would be the Honda XLV750, a bit big for a little guy like me offroad, but on backroads and gravel it was a lot of fun. Then the DT230 - 40hp in a 125 frame, it did 100mph on stock gearing, what a hoot !

scan0021.jpg

tools 009.jpg
DT230.jpg

I had a 1995 600r Ninja Liked the bike but im 6'2 and the riding position put all my weight on my wrist and arms......after about one hour my legs would get cramps....I sold it after 5k miles....and bought a Vulcan 750 which was the last bike I owned....I figured I was almost killed on one in 1979 why push my luck....I sold it to a guy I worked with .....I had 14k miles when i sold it in 1998 the day before i turned 41.
Now im old I stick with cars.....but once in awhile i get a wild hair in my ass and want a new Triumph Scrambler 900

My all time favorite bike for the road would be the Yamaha R1, nothing compares.I’ve stuck with a Yamaha R1 ever since they came out in 1998. And As for off-road I’ve always stuck with the tried and true 2 stroke Yamaha YZ250. Some of my other past favorites would be my 96 ZX7, 91 ZX11, and the 89 FZR600. I’ve been riding since 5yrs old. Motorcycles have been a huge part of my life. There is nothing better.

My all time favorite bike for the road would be the Yamaha R1, nothing compares.I’ve stuck with a Yamaha R1 ever since they came out in 1998. And As for off-road I’ve always stuck with the tried and true 2 stroke Yamaha YZ250. Some my other past favorites would be my 96 ZX7, 91 ZX11, and the 89 FZR600. I’ve been riding since 5yrs old. Motorcycles have been a huge part of my life. There is nothing better.
I started riding in 1969 on a Honda 70.....in my high school days I raced motocross .....I even raced at Lake Elsinore in 1971 when Steve McQueen raced that year and Malcolm Smith on Husky's .....I was on a Suzuki ts 90 that would do 55 mph tops....I crashed and hurt my ankle.
I didn't know what pain was until I crashed on Good Friday 1979 broke back....fractured pelvis....ruptured spleen....broke right leg in 2 places....left arm had a compound fracture.....knocked out 8 teeth....some of the teeth went through my lower chin...78 days in the hospital then another year learning to walk again and 8 operations......then i was addicted to morphine for years .....now im on Methadone and walk with a cane or walker all from that crash 43 years ago when a car pulled out in from of me and I t-boned him at 60-65 mph. I never dreamed it would happen to me but it did.....plus ive had 3 friends killed on bikes over the years.....be careful ...you never know if today will be "the day"
Riding now is my guess twice as dangerous as when i rode 40 plus years ago.....idiots texting ....talking on phones looking at all the "stuff" that come on cars now ....not just a speedo and tach and some idiot lights on the 60's and 70 's cars.....plus there is lot more people that back then driving.

I've had countless bikes in my lifetime since 18 years of age. I'm 53 now. from a 1970 something Hondamatic to a Goldwing. My favorite was my 1981 Honda CX500. I was a 19 year old with a bike in Detroit, MI in 1986. Everything was fun on that bike!! Cool Guzzi engine set up. Had a Radio Shack "Realistic" cassette player bolted to my plexiglas fairing. Same with the "Realistic" surface mount speakers that belonged on the back deck of a car. I had no clue what I was doing, but the bike was always spotless and the young ladies loved riding on it!

Back in high school, I had a Honda XL100 enduro that was awesome. It was plated, so I rode that thing everywhere and had many adventures. Didn't have a care in the world at that time, so every day we went somewhere. back then, a dollar or two in gas and I was good for an entire week of riding!

I started riding in 1969 on a Honda 70.....in my high school days I raced motocross .....I even raced at Lake Elsinore in 1971 when Steve McQueen raced that year and Malcolm Smith on Husky's .....I was on a Suzuki ts 90 that would do 55 mph tops....I crashed and hurt my ankle.
I didn't know what pain was until I crashed on Good Friday 1979 broke back....fractured pelvis....ruptured spleen....broke right leg in 2 places....left arm had a compound fracture.....knocked out 8 teeth....some of the teeth went through my lower chin...78 days in the hospital then another year learning to walk again and 8 operations......then i was addicted to morphine for years .....now im on Methadone and walk with a cane or walker all from that crash 43 years ago when a car pulled out in from of me and I t-boned him at 60-65 mph. I never dreamed it would happen to me but it did.....plus ive had 3 friends killed on bikes over the years.....be careful ...you never know if today will be "the day"
Riding now is my guess twice as dangerous as when i rode 40 plus years ago.....idiots texting ....talking on phones looking at all the "stuff" that come on cars now ....not just a speedo and tach and some idiot lights on the 60's and 70 's cars.....plus there is lot more people that back then driving.
At least modern riders got a lot better safety gear and the bikes got certain safety features like ABS/TCS. But yes the amount of cars have increased since then, a lot of knobheads behind the wheel.

I had a 2002 BMW R1150RS with Ohlins, an injury made it difficult to ride. Until the neck got stiff, that thing was ALL DAY comfortable,

Rod

Yeah I had one also a 72 red with a white strip SL100....seems like every kid on my block had a Honda SL 100 or a Kawasaki 100 G5....the 2 most popular bikes.... I think new the Honda was like 450.00 and the Kawasaki was 435.00 back then.....

1 - 1992 Yamaha WR250R, reliable, fast, extraordinarily stable at high speed. I changed the sprockets when it was new to give the bike better capability at lower speeds (four more teeth on the rear sprocket, one less on the front) because I mostly rode in mountainous technical terrain. I rode this bike in all the off highway areas of my home province (Alberta), Utah and Baja. It was a phenomenal Enduro bike. One re-ring and several fork seals were the only maintenance performed apart from the usual (tires, chains, sprockets, plugs, pads etc.).

2 - 2005 Kawasaki KDX220R, reliable, very capable bike on slow, tight mountain trails and decent at speed on fire roads. A lot more plush than the WR which was fine as I got older. Needed a new clutch under my ownership and the usual tires, plugs, chains, pads etc.

Back