Sold the Accord, bought the Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold the '99 Accord and bought a new Accord Touring V6.

When I started out I really wanted to get something other than an Accord but I looked at everything including Acura, Lexus all other Japanese brands and came around full circle back to the Accord. So far..loving it. It's a pleasure to drive. Other than the same name tag there is nothing same about the car (as compared to the old accord). For the price the performance and features are unmatched. Honda has hit it out of the park with this car, again. Now to change my signature....

Congrats! Fine cars indeed. Any issues/problems with the 99 F23? I had one of those for 9.5 yrs/166k miles.

Did you consider the Touring Elite model by chance?

Originally Posted By: youdontwannaknow
Sold the '99 Accord and bought a new Accord Touring V6.

When I started out I really wanted to get something other than an Accord but I looked at everything including Acura, Lexus all other Japanese brands and came around full circle back to the Accord. So far..loving it. It's a pleasure to drive. Other than the same name tag there is nothing same about the car (as compared to the old accord). For the price the performance and features are unmatched. Honda has hit it out of the park with this car, again. Now to change my signature....

I'm like you. I buy a new car every 15 years whether I need one or not.

Ill bet it is a fine car to drive. Id heavily consider a sport 4 cyl MT if I needed a sedan. Probably the best sedan on the market.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Ill bet it is a fine car to drive. Id heavily consider a sport 4 cyl MT if I needed a sedan. Probably the best sedan on the market.

I'm looking at one of these as well.

I have NO interest in an automatic or CVT.

The only minor annoyance is that Honda has decided to only offer the stick in TWO colors black and grey???

Hwy gas mileage for a v6 is phenomenal.
Rocket is how I like to describe it too. It puts a grin on my face every blazing pass I make, it's hard not to get carried away.
For all wondering/asking what was wrong with the '99 - nothing significant just age related wear suspension especially and I was wanting to upgrade to a newer/nicer car as well. And this v6 gives as good or better mileage actually than that 4 bore.
Yes color selection was difficult part luckily this car looked sharpest in black which was the only exterior color from the choices I could have liked. It took a while for me to get on board the black interior but I'm ok with it now.

The only thing I wish it had would be paddle shifters. And perhaps an active blind spot monitoring system, considering the other safety features it already has.

Last edited:
Congrats and enjoy in good health. I much prefer the lines of the 9th gen Accord to the 8th, definitely a positive step imo.

How many miles on the 99?

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
In the coupe version you can get a 3.5 V6 with a 6MT. Or a 6-6 they call it.

If that's an Accord 6-6, then I have a 6-6-6.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: youdontwannaknow
Thanks. 163k miles.

Actually not a lot of miles for 99. But if anything like our 01 Civic now daughter's closing on 200k, it's the little things like headliners (replaced) and rear speakers(sun damage) and head gaskets etc. that start to add up with down time.

Bet you didn't have much difficulty selling it though.

Congrats on the new car! Honda did an utterly fantastic job on this generation of Accord, much better than last, and this Touring trim is giving Acura a run for it's money until the new TLX can be released.

I'll agree that 163k isn't much for a '99 Accord, I know of a couple examples hovering close to 300k with minimal issues.

I really like the Accord. I am bummed a bit they no longer offer the 6mt in the 6 cylinder sedan. However the Accord Sport 4cylinder w/6mt is no slouch with 0-60 in 7seconds.

I am glad Honda still offers the 6mt in a decent sized sedan with okay handling.

The new Accord saddens me...only because I'm not in the market for a mid-size sedan. The boss at work recently bought a V-6 Touring, in the metallic white. What a sharp-looking car that is.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
I am bummed a bit they no longer offer the 6mt in the 6 cylinder sedan.

The last time Honda made one of those was 2007. It was the same price as the automatic version with the same equipment. Nicer alloy wheels on it though. I agree it would be great to have one in that version.

Only two colors with the Sport MT sedan are black and gray. Or PPM(polished pearl metallic) which would be my choice. I believe negotiated prices on these have been reported around $21,800 plus tt&l on an Accord forum price thread. Even the base LX model comes with alloy wheels.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
I really like the Accord. I am bummed a bit they no longer offer the 6mt in the 6 cylinder sedan. However the Accord Sport 4cylinder w/6mt is no slouch with 0-60 in 7seconds.

I am glad Honda still offers the 6mt in a decent sized sedan with okay handling.

+1. And what MPG, like 35MPG highway, right? Cant beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back