Bought a new 2020 Accord

Nice! Does this model have the CVT? How do you like it? Do they still make these so you don't need TMPS sensors in the wheels or was that not an Accord thing.

Have you been through a lot of vehicles lately or am I loosing my marbles more so than normal?

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
CVT?

The 1.5L engine gets a CVT while the 2.0L gets a true 10 speed automatic. Very nice car.

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that. My time behind the CVT in a 17 civic was not enjoyable

Thank you all

For the guy worried about my driveway. I've been waiting but here in New York most stuff is closed down. And I Am planning for a 28x30 pole barn. But alas my weathered stone driveway must reflect my financial state.

Congrats! Looks great, that generation accord is finally starting to grow on me. Got a 2013 accord exl bought now in the family, never had one issue except it has the VCT startup rattle now. Hope yours serves you well for many years! Secretly I wish I had bought an accord onmy last car purchase and not a sonata.

Originally Posted by buddylpal
Congrats! Looks great, that generation accord is finally starting to grow on me. Got a 2013 accord exl bought now in the family, never had one issue except it has the VCT startup rattle now. Hope yours serves you well for many years! Secretly I wish I had bought an accord onmy last car purchase and not a sonata.

Same here. When they first came out, I was thinking "did they ruin that car", but like any body style, I think it eventually grows on you. Thanks, really loving the car now.

Originally Posted by JTK
Nice! Does this model have the CVT? How do you like it? Do they still make these so you don't need TMPS sensors in the wheels or was that not an Accord thing.

Have you been through a lot of vehicles lately or am I loosing my marbles more so than normal?

Howdy WNY-neighbor

No it has a 10-speed auto. Very nice car, fun to drive, haven't driven too much yet though. And this car uses an indirect TPMS system so no Sensors!! Happy on that.

I've kinda been through a few vehicles. Bought the Taurus after my last Accord, nice car, but the comfort inside was lacking. B-pilar always jabbing me in the side and the seating position wasn't too adjustable. Got a truck, still have it, wife daily drives it 6 miles a day to work. Was going through 2 tanks of fuel a week. Wanted something a touch more reasonable on fuel. Traded in the Taurus.

I have an 18 Sport 2.0. Frankly the best car I've ever owned, and I've owned too many. Great on gas and it's faster than it has any right to be. Enjoy. Love the color.

Originally Posted by redhat

No it has a 10-speed auto. Very nice car, fun to drive, haven't driven too much yet though. And this car uses an indirect TPMS system so no Sensors!! Happy on that.

That indirect system has got to be so sweet for us that have to swap over to winter tires. Looks like that's gonna be a must do for those wheel/tires.

Weird that Ray Laks couldn't get you what you wanted. I've had decent experiences with them over the years both with sales and service.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JTK
Originally Posted by redhat

That indirect system has got to be so sweet for us that have to swap over to winter tires. Looks like that's gonna be a must do for those wheel/tires.

Weird that Ray Laks couldn't get you what you wanted. I've had decent experiences with them over the years both with sales and service.

It really will be. I am now looking for a relatively minty set of 17" Honda alloys. Maybe I'll find some TSX wheels. Ray Laks has been calling me the past few days asking if I still want to buy a car. So strange on their attitude at the time. I would have preferred to support local.

But, did you know that Ray Laks isn't really local anymore? They're owned by the Lithia Auto Group. I can't link the article because of Buffalo News login page. But somewhere in 2018. Apparently Lithia is a big auto group in the country. So I don't feel so bad.

Wow! No kidding. I didn't know that about Ray Laks. My last dealings with them was around 2016 when I was with my BIL buying his Civic.

Really nice.
cheers3.gif

Back