Sold the Accord, bought the Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
+1. And what MPG, like 35MPG highway, right? Cant beat it.

Close. It's 24/28/34 according to fueleconomy.gov. Not class-leading, but Honda typically isn't class-leading in anything. They seem to build the kind of vehicle that's 90% in every area rather than 99% in one and 59% in another.

It's usually pretty easy to find something else that excels in particular areas. But in my humble opinion, it's hard to beat Honda's idea of the total package (which is why my family now owns two of them, with many more in extended family).

Originally Posted By: rjundi
I really like the Accord. I am bummed a bit they no longer offer the 6mt in the 6 cylinder sedan. However the Accord Sport 4cylinder w/6mt is no slouch with 0-60 in 7seconds.

I am glad Honda still offers the 6mt in a decent sized sedan with okay handling.

We test drove the 4 cyl accord, and the 2014 Mazda 6 my wife and decided on gets 37-38 mpg in real life (hwy) and is sportier, IMO. I am sure the Accord is a decent car, too, though.

That's a good number and I like to think that Mazda's claim is spot on, they usually are (not like a Hyundai-type number).
The thing that makes the 34 special in this case is it's a V6 that can also put up some blistering acceleration numbers when called upon.

One member here who has a Mazda 6 did get 40 mpg hwy,

and I looked back at the photo I posted sometime ago, I must correct my post:
Wife's Mazda 6 gets 37-38 MPG AVERAGE (that does incl MOSTLY hwy, but it's certainly mixed with city), not hwy;

EDIT: found the pic:
IMG_1331.jpg

Pure hwy mpg was around 41 mpg when we once measured it manually, during a trip from Raleigh, NC to Knoxville, TN.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Originally Posted By: rjundi
I really like the Accord. I am bummed a bit they no longer offer the 6mt in the 6 cylinder sedan. However the Accord Sport 4cylinder w/6mt is no slouch with 0-60 in 7seconds.

I am glad Honda still offers the 6mt in a decent sized sedan with okay handling.

We test drove the 4 cyl accord, and the 2014 Mazda 6 my wife and decided on gets 37-38 mpg in real life (hwy) and is sportier, IMO. I am sure the Accord is a decent car, too, though.

My wife and I drove both and she liked the Mazda 6. The rear seat(not quite as wide for 3 kids), odd to her looks, and rot box early 2000's Mazda's(her friends), and annoying dealer sent her running.

Honda dealer let her borrow the Accord Sport 6mt for the morning. Mazda would not let her test drive stick alone and thought she was nuts to be interested (pregnant).

Strange - i guess every dealer is different; our Mazda dealer let my wife keep the test-drive car for half a day and bring it back before they closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back