What's everyone's take on the 2023 Honda Accord?

So, I'm helping my sister buy a car (she's getting married in August). She wants to get a car in June/July so I started researching. She really wants the new 2023 Honda Civic Sport sedan/2023 Honda Accord LX. So, I am asking dealerships in my area and Wisconsin for prices, etc, and asking for a bill of sale listing their best price and stuff.

I had a dealer not too far from me send me a bill of sale. The GM had the audacity to send me a bill of sale with a base Civic marked up $5k over sticker. I emailed him back and told him to shove that $5k up his back end. $5k over on a Civic is outrageous. Oversticker or even sticker is stupid on some new cars.

I mean, the dealer group I work for has a Honda dealer in the group (Honda City Chicago). I don't really want to ask them what kind of deal I can get from them yet. Rather see what kind of deals are out there before I hit Honda City Up. Honda pays dealers 2%~ on the holdback and stuff. Plus, bonus for units sold.

I got another quote on a base Accord. GM is giving me $2,200 off MSRP but adding a "protection package" and wheel locks I didn't ask for. So, I am back at $27,000~. Used Accord are going for roughly the price of a new one(maybe $1500 less). But, the used ones are a higher trim levels(Sport, EX, EX-L. Toruings are under $30k). Year ranging from 2019-2022. So far, the best deal I've gotten on a 2023 Honda Civic Sport Sedan is $500 off MSRP. The best deal I've gotten on a 2023 Honda Accord LX is $2,200 off Sticker. If the dealer takes off the protection package. Which, if I go in person, I am pretty sure they'll knock off. hat's a $100 difference between the Accord and the Civic

I don't really like buying the first gen of any car. Usually, there are bugs in the first gen that doesn't get taken care of until the 2nd or third model year.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
$27k seems like a good price.

I would take the wheel locks.
I've got no use for wheel locks. Wheel locks cost the dealer $45~. $27k is under invoice. But, Honda pays dealers 2% on the holdback. If it comes down to the wheels locks, hell I'll take the wheel looks over that $700 "protection" thing.

Pops is going to have to come to reality and realize that the base LX Accord cost more than what he paid for his Accord back in 2013. The last new car he brought was the Mercedes in 2017

Last edited:
Doesn't look the greatest either imo. My dads 2013 looks better.
The 2013-15 model (pre-facelift in 2016) is easily my favorite Accord ever in terms of design. I liked the looks of them when they came out, and think they’ve stayed fresh even 10 years later. The interiors were nice, and the exterior styling was fresh and modern without looking like it was trying too hard. I also prefer the non-directional wheels this generation had that disappeared in the 2016 facelift.

The interior is nice, at least on the Touring trim I drove, but the exterior is really bland, IMO.

I don't think they are selling very well because dealers around here are willing to go below msrp. Good for the buyer, i guess.
Touring costs too much imo. It's nice (kinda) but out of range for what my sister is willing to spend.

The 2013-15 model (pre-facelift in 2016) is easily my favorite Accord ever in terms of design. I liked the looks of them when they came out, and think they’ve stayed fresh even 10 years later. The interiors were nice, and the exterior styling was fresh and modern without looking like it was trying too hard. I also prefer the non-directional wheels this generation had that disappeared in the 2016 facelift.
My dad offered my sister his 13 Accord. She wouldn't do it. Hell, I would've. A free car? Well hey! Plus, you know who it was maintained by. Me/dad (mostly me).

I like the last 2 generations the best of all Accords. I like what I read or YouTube about the 2023 but as many in the PRESS say, there we a lot of opportunities missed. However, Honda got the quiet interior correct.

Sadly today $27k is an economy car...the Accord deal ain't bad at all but did she test drive one yet? The Accord is a better choice than the Civic if the family expands.
Nope, trying to get her to drive one. That's what my mom and dad are trying to tell her. A bigger car would be a wiser financial decision since her soon-to-be husband has not one but two BMW m3s. One is an E36 M3 sedan and the second one is an e46 M3. I highly doubt he'll sell one of the two to buy a full-size sedan or something. I mean, the Civic isn't BAD. But, for a $100 difference, I'd go with the Accord. Maybe not the first model year.

I've got no use for wheel locks. Wheel locks cost the dealer $45~. $27k is under invoice. But, Honda pays dealers 2% on the holdback. If it comes down to the wheels locks, hell I'll take the wheel looks over that $700 "protection" thing.

Pops is going to have to come to reality and realize that the base LX Accord cost more than what the paid for his Accord back in 2013. The last new car he brought was the Mercedes in 2017
TBH I'm even surprised Honda still makes the Accord. I read their sales numbers have been continually dropping YoY with the general decline in sedan sales.

I though the transmission push buttons were unique and cool. They've did away with them and back to the traditional shifter handle.

Wow, a year-old accord sport is going for $29k. If I can get 2.2K off MSRP on a 2023 Accord Sport Hybrid, I'd rather just do that.

1. 2022 Accord Sport 3k miles CPO https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/54ba1703-68e8-48f5-ad2a-d88ca952728a/
2. 2019 Honda Accord Sport 19k miles CPO https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/89f1f1b0-f63c-489b-bb58-3e01d357a493/
3. 2018 Accord EX-L CPO 8k miles https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/61a4dc31-7a7f-4766-ad12-a77eecbdea80/
4. 2018 Accord Touring 2.0T https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/dfb8122a-621c-4fc5-9fe4-2dfdd3ee9f0a/

Just some of the other cars I'm comparing a 2023 to.

Last edited:
Back