What's everyone's take on the 2023 Honda Accord?

I like the new Accord. Saw one at the dealer while picking up plates for my car (dealer is Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Ford, GMC, Honda and Toyota). Never adds anything to any car, period. If it isn't on the Monroney it isn't in the bill of sale. Too bad you aren't within range. A Honda sold the right way and a meal at an extremely good Mexican restaurant in business since 1916. And Galveston island. Great combination. Good luck.

Reactions: hrv
The 2013-15 model (pre-facelift in 2016) is easily my favorite Accord ever in terms of design. I liked the looks of them when they came out, and think they’ve stayed fresh even 10 years later. The interiors were nice, and the exterior styling was fresh and modern without looking like it was trying too hard. I also prefer the non-directional wheels this generation had that disappeared in the 2016 facelift.
I don't know if they have been improved but:
Paint- terrible.
Road noise.
Garbage radio.
Rear calipers terrible.
I got the MT6 rather than the cvt.
But I will say with a nice set of rims it is continually mistaken for BMW- which I take as a compliment. The newer front ends are *****.

IMO this is the worst the Accord has looked since the 1994 & 2003 model years. Between this completely anonymous design and the lack of a 2.0T, I don't see the value proposition anymore. Honda seems to have willingly arrived at the place Toyota has been trying to fight their way out of for several generations of the Camry.... Appliancetown. I used to live and breathe Honda and Acura. Now they've just blended into the wallpaper
The market disagrees. And your choice of a Canyon and some forgettable Dodge don't really suggest that you have inscrutable aesthetic sense.

I really liked my son’s 2018 civic 6mt. I have been curious if the touring trim has a quieter interior - the sport trim was good enough but just as noisy is they were in the 90s on the highway. Todays civic is probably the same size as the accords were in the 90s as well. If traffic was accepting of small cars here, I’d gladly DD a 6mt civic!

our CRV has the CVT. It has a sweet spot for normal driving and then there’s sport mode. Sport mode really drives excellently, but at a notable fuel penalty. In regular D, it is remarkably efficient but if you drive outside of the sweet spot it can be a little awkward for someone who pays attention. IIRC the CVT in the civic was a pleasant surprise - had “grab” like a stick but without the shifting. my wife quite likes hers. It would not be my first or second choice for DD.

The market disagrees. And your choice of a Canyon and some forgettable Dodge don't really suggest that you have inscrutable aesthetic sense.
Please enlighten everyone on your exquisite choices. I'm betting a garage full of refrigerators. And then don your anti-butt hurt suit. Quite a lash-out for one person's opinion of a car.

Last edited:
Back