Camry vs Accord vs ???

I have owned three Hondas in the past and all have been great....but I think you cannot go wrong with either one you pick...Both are built well and will give you many many years of service...It comes down to what YOU like and not what other people tell you.....

We have our 3rd (2009) and 4th (2018) Honda AccordEXls in the garage now. Prior to these we had a 2002 (18yrs) and a 1997 (5yrs) and they all were a pleasure. Minimum cost to upkeep. That said .... My next car will not be any other Honda. They have screwed over their loyal customer base with these newer GDI engines and will not do anything to make it right for folks. Will they down the road? Maybe but I do not trust them to anymore. I will look at Volvo / Toyota / Mazda / Subaru next.

A lot happens in three years. Good luck finding a new Mazda sedan. 🤣

Mazda 6 Sport with manual transmission is my choice.
That would be great if you live in a no snow, no salt area. Mazdas do rust a bit. But you haven't been able to buy a new Mazda 6 with a manual transmission for 5 or more years. I test drove one quite a few years ago. Nice car.

But the dealer here never brought them in. They didn't sell apparently. Especially if you couldn't get one.

Accord 2.0T over the Camry. ;)
1665506456429.jpg

1665506517072.jpg

Homemade Vanilla by Blue Bell....The best IMO....
How much do I like Home made Vanilla Blue Bell??? Well the wife must hide it in the freezer if we have any.
Any other brand ice cream IS SAFE around me .... If it is NOT Blue Bell wife knows she doesn't need to hide
it.
LOL Some times she has the nerve (smarts) to come from the store and says "poppa... there was zero
Blue Bell
with the smirk on her face ... (we both know its a lie she tells to try to keep me alive) She is trying to
prevent the old suicide by drink / spoon & fork that is common among the Itajuns.
Itajuns=us half breed Cajun/French-Sicilians.

Last edited:
Reactions: hrv
A lot happens in three years. Good luck finding a new Mazda sedan. 🤣
Right ... Folks telling me some new ones are very difficult at stealerships latley.
Just saw someone today who been trying to line up himself a new Toyota truck before he parts with the 2015 Tundra he will be giving to
one of his sons. They will not let him sell it or trade it since it is immaculate & looks almost brand new. Olive Green with Tan interior. He
has 55,000 mi and interior looks - like new. Paint on top is faded because he does not garage it and will not take time to wax it. Too busy
hunting or fishing to worry about waxing it even after washing it. Not many vehicle paints can withstand the sun these days without a
cover, covered parking or lots of washing + waxing.

If you are going to drive it for a quarter million miles and weigh over 120 lbs get the Honda for the seats.
Never owned a Toyota. All the Hondas we have owned the interior held up really great. Much better than the Chevys we used to own.
I find the factory Honda paints hold up real good too. But we keep our present two cars washed / waxed + garaged as much as possible.
I am sure that makes some difference as well as the manufacturer / paint jobs.

Different personalities. Accord....... better handling, possibly better mpg, More road noise, more engine noise, crummy CVT transmission, and fuel dilution. Camry...... slower handling, softer ride, less road noise, less engine noise, real 8 speed transmission. Both, excellent cars.

Different personalities. Accord....... better handling, possibly better mpg, More road noise, more engine noise, crummy CVT transmission, and fuel dilution. Camry...... slower handling, softer ride, less road noise, less engine noise, real 8 speed transmission. Both, excellent cars.
I been trying to coax the wife into a Toyota for years.:) I would not care either way if not for the slip in quality and customer service by Honda the last 3-4 years. Wife is ready to try something other than Honda next time now that I explained to her the effort and likely extra cash it may cost us to keep the Honda GDI rolling in good shape. There are lots of nice cars I see every day on the streets by other car makers. I have recently seen some beautiful sedans by Nissan + KIA that look very similar. Have never owned either. One son owned a Mazda and was very satisfied with it.

At the end of the day if reliability is #1 to this person, Camry would get my vote.

Accord in any other scenario hands down. Much better drivers car.

Reactions: FZ1
look for a '17 Accord, thank me later :)

'17 Camry vs '17 Accord, Honda all the way

IMG_0934.jpeg

The accord chassis feels tighter to me, and they seem to have more grunt if compared in the I4 forms. Camry 4 seems to oddly have to rev more to make power, though toyota seems to have improved that a good bit lately. I also prefer the accord styling better, but the road noise is a negative for me. I’d be giving a solid look, depending on the years considered, at used Volvos and used Lexus variants. The Lexus ES is a rebadged Camry (Avalon) with better appointments. The GS is similar to a RWD Camry, but uses a different platform and suffers greatly in mpg. I have greatly enjoyed used Volvo ownership, understanding they need a little more care - but they combine best attributes of both accords and Camrys - generally quiet, very comfortable, and can handle if you want them to.

i look after some high mileage Camrys owned by friends, and I’ll say this, they are easy to work on, seem built consistently well, and rack up miles without much drama.

but - when seeking out sedans, having owned an accord and a civic, I have driven instead Volvos and the current Lexus.

I been trying to coax the wife into a Toyota for years.:) I would not care either way if not for the slip in quality and customer service by Honda the last 3-4 years. Wife is ready to try something other than Honda next time now that I explained to her the effort and likely extra cash it may cost us to keep the Honda GDI rolling in good shape. There are lots of nice cars I see every day on the streets by other car makers. I have recently seen some beautiful sedans by Nissan + KIA that look very similar. Have never owned either. One son owned a Mazda and was very satisfied with it.
Seems the preference is ,almost, age related, lol. Younger, I preferred the Accord; Older I prefer my Camry.

They both have their own issues.

2015 Accord Sport 6MT, cabin noise, ****ty radio, rear parking brake caliper design, gearing in trans- 6th should be OD, rides like a skate board, Honda Canada sucks.
I liked Toyota's but at the time they had a boatload of recalls and the Camry got real *****.

Back