Name a car brand that you have never owned and never would buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a motorhead/car guy, I like a lot of vehicles. I would normally not consider VW, but I actually like the Atlas. I would get the V6 R-Line in that cool green flavor.

Both new. The Optima MSRP was around $38K and the Stinger was just about $58K. My wife wheeled and deal'd and paid just under $50K for the Stinger. The Optima went to my youngest son.

Pardon me while I choke a bit. $40k and $60k for KIAs...?! Yeah, no.

Holy cheese and rice. They better be amazing quality. These prices have gotten insane for vehicles.

Handful of these brands:
w3VHIqG.png

lol chevry

Mercedes: I hate to sound like Scotty Kilmer, but of all the Euro cars they sound like they're the biggest money-pits
Yeah but Scotty is an idiot. There's a few things that make a big difference, EPC which is their parts catalog so you know the exact part you need for your car. WIS which is the dealer repair manual. And EPC/WIS you can get as a knock off copy on eBay for $10. Also lots of youtube videos out there on how to DIY your own repairs. Of the 3 German makes, I'd think Audi would be the worse, then BMW in the middle and Mercedes as the best of the 3 which isn't really saying that much.

In terms of ownership, my biggest expense has been rims and tires and I've owned 2 used ones out of warranty for 5-7 years.

I would love to own a Euro wagon, MB, BMW, Volvo, Saab but my fear factor won’t allow it.
For some reason the Euro MB wagons are worth a bit more than the regular sedans, especially AMG versions.

I've owned Ford/Mercury, GM/Saturn/Pontiac, Jeep, Toyota, Honda... My son just bought a Subaru. A friend just bought another Subaru. The new Outback is really nice. Friend has a Jetta that he absolutely hates. Told him life is too short and he should sell it and buy something he likes. Money is not an issue for him.

Never owned and never would buy: Mitsubishi. I think that is about it.

Of the "domestic" brands - Dodge and Ford.

The last time we purchased a new car, I think we hit every dealer within 50 miles (not counting European makes). We even looked at Hyundai/Kia and Mitsubishi. The only dealer lot we never set foot on was Dodge.

Things change so rapidly I don't think I'd want to be pigeonholed. The one that comes to mind immediately and i can live with stating NEVER is Fiat.

Pardon me while I choke a bit. $40k and $60k for KIAs...?! Yeah, no.

Holy cheese and rice. They better be amazing quality. These prices have gotten insane for vehicles.
Tough nut for sure. Especially as I remember how cheap Excel's were when they came out when I turned a wrench in college.
Fortunately, Hyundai/Kia has come a long way and I really like them. The interiors are outstanding.

Stinger Dash.jpg

The Stinger is my wife's daily driver and she picked it over Audi and 'Benz. She's always telling me how people compliment her on the car.

We went to a local cruise night and they moved the yellow ribbon to let us in as a show car! We had more people asking about the Stinger than my best friend's Hellcat wide body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back