Would you buy a Nissan with a manual?

Unless it's a fun car (i.e. fast), zero interest in a manual transmission car, especially a FWD one. The whole "better driving experience" thing goes away when you're stuck in traffic for 2 hours a day, and most FWD manual trans shifters feel about like a soggy pool noodle in a tub of pudding.
Automatics kill the soul, or something. I read that here on the forum.

Unless it's a fun car (i.e. fast), zero interest in a manual transmission car, especially a FWD one. The whole "better driving experience" thing goes away when you're stuck in traffic for 2 hours a day, and most FWD manual trans shifters feel about like a soggy pool noodle in a tub of pudding. If someone made a FWD manual trans that felt like a T-56 or a T-6060, maybe.

My good experiences with pre-Renault Nissan definitely do not match my experiences with post-Renault Nissan. '99 and 2001 Altimas were tanks...newer stuff, not so much.

well to be fair, newer Altimas survive even the worst drivers :whistle:

The Nissan Qashqai (Rogue Sport) is popular with a manual in the UK. My son had one for 3 years with zero problem. I've driven it many times and it's a nice light and positive gear change.

Nissan CVTs don't have a great rep, but how many did you see running around today with no problems?
We hear all about the edge case failures with every brand but we never hear about how almost all of them prove quite satisfactory in daily use for many years, with a few exceptions.

Back