Name a car brand that you have never owned and never would buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should check out Kia. The quality of our Optima SXL and Stinger has been outstanding.
Oh no...that's my "do not buy"! 🤣

The initial build quality seems better than it has ever been, but do not wreck, damage, or otherwise have an issue with one requiring a replacement part. Kia has caused me so much stress and so many headaches over the past eight months that I just could not buy one. I used to be annoyed by the Kia Consumer Affairs people, now I just feel bad for them. Kia has got to get it together or a lot of people who are trying them for the first time NEVER will again. Their future reputation is at stake.

Oh no...that's my "do not buy"! 🤣

The initial build quality seems better than it has ever been, but do not wreck, damage, or otherwise have an issue with one requiring a replacement part. Kia has caused me so much stress and so many headaches over the past eight months that I just could not buy one. I used to be annoyed by the Kia Consumer Affairs people, now I just feel bad for them. Kia has got to get it together or a lot of people who are trying them for the first time NEVER will again. Their future reputation is at stake.

That seems to be a major issue for all the Korean brands. Hyundai, LG and Samsung appliances don't seem to be much better.

Tesla....I will never buy a car without a grille.
699BD247-9179-46B9-9748-C6C0D5151B88.jpeg

That seems to be a major issue for all the Korean brands. Hyundai, LG and Samsung appliances don't seem to be much better.
Hyundai's parts largely come through the same channel as Kia...Mobis.

It is so ghetto that if the windshield in your Telluride or Stinger gets busted you might be driving like that for weeks or months. Safelite doesn't have it either, they get it from me. The drivers at work hate when they need to put four Tellyride windshields in the back of their truck for Safelite because a backorder came in. 🤣

Why is it anytime anyone says anything remotely negative people immediately come rushing to their defense? They make absolutely nothing interesting in my opinion, and then throw the Toyota tax on top of it and all I see is an overpriced vehicle that under delivers in all aspects except sheer reliability…. And I don’t buy my vehicles based on reliability only. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, they somehow made the Sienna feel even cheaper than a Dodge Grand Caravan…. How is that even possible.
I agree. Toyotas are reliable, but boring. That's why I like BMWs. They are pretty reliable, except some engines. I always buy used, after they are depreciated.

I never say never on questions like this.....

For example; Gremlin, Pacer, Yugo, etc. all pretty much awful cars that I have almost bought at one time or another....

well Hyundai/Kia...just cant see myself there, but wait, don't they make a nice little coupe? And their new SUV looks nice on the road..

See why I never say never :D

As a one time proud owner of a 1978 Dodge Colt (rebadged Mitsubishi Lancer), I can confidently state that I'll never own another Dodge/Chrysler/Daimler Benz/FCA/Stellantis product again.
My family had several Colts over the years....a 1977 w/stick shift purchased new....a 1978 purchased used in which I transplanted the engine from the 1977 after it was totaled when hit while parked...a 1988 w/A/T purchased new...a 1993 w/stick purchased new.....all were very good cars...

As far as the OP's original question...there are several cars I would never buy....Land Rover would be the least likely car I would buy...

Honda for me.
lots of folks Love 'em, but it's just a Visceral gut dislike for me.
never seen a Honda car/truck that appealed to me...
...maybe a Cub/Supercub....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back