Mobil 1 Through 3 CRITICAL Engine Oil Tests

That’s not a realistic comparison -do you think @XOM can’t make what HPL does ? - they are not in that market
How about a worthy vehicle for HPL - I for one don’t own any …
I don't, or they would be. (Or nor. Would cost them too much $.) Which, again, is why they aren't.

Now, if your point is that they aren't good competition for HPL, I would agree..

Mobil 1 has the base oils and chemistry to make oils that would rival HPL. They won't do that though as the cost of production would drive the cost on the shelf too high to be competitive and would lose market share. The majority of oil shoppers don't know what that starburst on the oil jug even means, much less what API is. They shop by price. Even on here, a forum dedicated to the technical discussion of oils, you still have a big group seeking the cheapest oil they can possibly find. (and dismissing most anything else) Mobil 1 knows that, just like every other brand does.

With the testing shown in that video, I would find it unlikely that Mobil 1 is looking to improve upon their best results in Sequence VH, but rather much more effort going into finding ways to match that performance at a lower production cost. Of course though, they're not going to say that in the video or in marketing.

Mobil 1 has the base oils and chemistry to make oils that would rival HPL. They won't do that though as the cost of production would drive the cost on the shelf too high to be competitive and would lose market share. The majority of oil shoppers don't know what that starburst on the oil jug even means, much less what API is. They shop by price. Even on here, a forum dedicated to the technical discussion of oils, you still have a big group seeking the cheapest oil they can possibly find. (and dismissing most anything else) Mobil 1 knows that, just like every other brand does.

With the testing shown in that video, I would find it unlikely that Mobil 1 is looking to improve upon their best results in Sequence VH, but rather much more effort going into finding ways to match that performance at a lower production cost. Of course though, they're not going to say that in the video or in marketing.
Sums it up perfectly.. give it a read @4WD

You have fantastic taste in cars.
I'd question the 308 lol. But yes!

I don't, or they would be. (Or nor. Would cost them too much $.) Which, again, is why they aren't.
This is completely missing the point that they have a target market, just HPL has a target market, and they build the product to fit that need. Standard Mobil 1 varieties are aimed at Walmart and Autozone type shoppers. One could also say, "HPL couldn't make a product at Mobil 1's price point either, or they would".

This is completely missing the point that they have a target market, just HPL has a target market, and they build the product to fit that need. Standard Mobil 1 varieties are aimed at Walmart and Autozone type shoppers. One could also say, "HPL couldn't make a product at Mobil 1's price point either, or they would".
So you're saying the same thing I am.

I don’t need to read that … 90% of folks here already understand
Play your “gotcha” with someone else …
Yes you do...
You even "liked" it so try tricking someone else...
Screenshot_20221212-095802_Chrome.jpg

Back