GM Back In Top Sales Spot

Well, with the “free” giant cash infusion they got a decade ago, and with the “nearly guaranteed” EV sales now and in the future, you’d kinda expect them to get all their 💩 in one sock, finally…
What a fine turn of phrase! I have never thought of excrement in one's hosiery as aspirational, but I've led a sheltered life. 😂

Nice.

FWIW, I've never had any major headaches with any GM vehicle in the last 40 years, especially with routine maintenance.

The market share then is why they failed . Overconfidence in your product means you don’t innovate, improve etc. I prefer car makers in closer competition because however rises to top by large margin seems to stay away from innovation.
Ummm … there wasn’t significant competition from overseas at that time. Since the 1930s to 2022 GM still sold more cars in the USA every year than anyone else and competing against a massive onslaught of competition from overseas fir decades now,
GM was second place only one year 90 years and it was 2021.

I don’t think there is a USA company with a track record like that in the history of this country.

The market share then is why they failed . Overconfidence in your product means you don’t innovate, improve etc.
GM sold and continues to sell more cars in the USA every year for NINETY years, except for one year. Competition relentless from all over the world.
If that is considered a fail I would like to know what success is.

I call it origami styling. Hate it.
Agreed

I hated it with the last gen Cougar, 2000 or so Toyota Celica, the original CTS, Montero, even the ION, one of which I own. Compared to what's out there now, these look as clean lined as a 61 Continental.

What's that Toyota atrocity they just discontinued? Embarrassing and a criminal abuse of sheet metal

Not the "First Ever" thing again.....Gran Torino, G6...EcoSport. This "First Ever" claim is just sooooo unoriginal and overused.

What next? "Most Awarded".....? "That's Not A....." "Reimagine..." "Not Your Father's...."?
What are you trying to say - Simply means they introduced a top new model … and it requires a name …

Nice.

FWIW, I've never had any major headaches with any GM vehicle in the last 40 years, especially with routine maintenance.
One of my favorite trucks was an 07 Silverado I had. However, it needed a transmission at 88,000 and an alternator shortly after. It was an oil consuming monster and it rusted quicker than a Dodge as well. The 2011 Silverado I replaced it with 165,000 miles later wasn’t as good.

The 07 was my first long term exposure to GM after being a die hard MOPAR guy burned by a 2001 Ram. I was impressed overall with the truck considering the issues I did have.

Well, with the “free” giant cash infusion they got a decade ago, and with the “nearly guaranteed” EV sales now and in the future, you’d kinda expect them to get all their 💩 in one sock, finally…
Yea- sure. The stuff you say they should get together is worth what's that's worth. And it's knee high here.

I'm going to be posting a very lengthy review on my 7-week experience with a 2023 GMC Yukon XL Denali soon. Granted I've always loved full-size GM SUVs, it was extremely impressive to say the very least.

I agree about GM vehicle (Trucks & SUV's) looking good on the outside as well as their seats, but the new dashboard is horrible...really thin like a plane cockpit. Not a fan. I think it is ugly.

Ford's QC has been horrible the last few years and GM is putting out some really amazing vehicles, especially in the performance category. The C8 is the best Chevy ever built. Quite impressed with Mary Bara!

Mostly agree about GM putting out good vehicles, but they're also heavily into nickle-and-diming and cost cutting. For example, their trucks lost some basic features like sunglasses holders and movable pedals, and believe it or not most of their 4x4's don't even come with a low speed transfer case anymore. You need the z71 or GMC equivalent etc to get the 4 low. That's unforgivable in a 4x4 truck.

Back